Talk

Advanced search

Double Mountain Buggy Car Boot Help!!!

(4 Posts)
ejayjay Wed 15-Jul-09 11:57:51

Hi,

I am thinking about getting a double mountain buggy for when my DS2 arrives in Nov.
I have found a reasonably priced secondhand one locally but don't think it will fit in the back of my Ford Fusion.
I have done a bit of measuring up and I may be able to fit it in standing up with the parcel shelf off?
If anyone has one of these buggys could they please tell me what car they have that it fit's into (if at all!!)
If it doesn't fit will be gutted as it has great reviews and not sure what else I would go for.

accessorizequeen Wed 15-Jul-09 20:06:20

I have a galaxy which it fits fine, but just wanted to say you need to bear in mind that the MB double is v.v.v.heavy to lift so if putting it upright is going to be a big lift, it will kill your back! I never lift mine in the car, I get dp to do it and even he hates it. it's v.awkward as well as heavy. The nipper is another good option, I would have thought if you want a double to put in and out of the car a lot. I would have got one but it didn't fit through our front door.

TamTam29 Fri 17-Jul-09 14:09:29

mmy single mb doesnt fit in the back of my ford fiesta if that helps. mothercareworld have the double on display and they let u try them out in your boot.

Just bought a double baby jogger mini city from kiddicare this week and so far i think it is fantastic! (love it nearly as much as my single mb)easy to push and it folds down to nothing!

The main alternative to the mb is the nipper 360 as i believe it is slightly smaller but doesnt have carrycot option

4andnotout Fri 17-Jul-09 16:34:59

Mine fit in the back of a dihatsu hijet with the wheels off.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now