Talk

Advanced search

Sandpit or sand/water play table?

(7 Posts)
FaintlyMacabre Tue 14-Jul-09 22:31:24

We're trying to decide which would be a better buy for our 20 month old DS.
If you would go for a table, any brand recommendations?
Who would have thought that such a minor decision would prove so difficult!

scattykatty Tue 14-Jul-09 22:36:36

TP hexangonal is great. I think it's so much better for them to be in the sand rather than just have their hands in it.

FlappyTheBat Tue 14-Jul-09 22:38:37

I bought a sand and water table for dd1. She moved the sand into both sections so has never been used "properly"!

She doesn't seem to miss the fact that she can't play with water.

I still would recommend it as it has a sunshade and the potential for water play grin

here

SpecialOffer Fri 17-Jul-09 09:19:09

I have the same one as Flappy - and it is the best! (we have had a few!) It si only £70 in Mothercare though

flowerybeanbag Fri 17-Jul-09 09:22:18

DH's parents bought DS a sand/water table from ELC for his birthday. However we only put sand in it, both sides, as otherwise I foresee it would have ended up as a mud table...

Picante Fri 17-Jul-09 09:28:47

Sand is a pain in the bum. Ends up everywhere.

Water tables are brilliant and lots more fun I think!

SarahL2 Fri 17-Jul-09 09:33:50

We have the ELC one too. You have to have the same thing in bith sides else it all gets a bit messy but I think DS likes that some days it's water and some days it's sand. He loves the wheels and funnels it comes with too.

Plus, with a 20% off voucher, it's less than £30!

They have a sandpit at the soft play place we go to and tables too. DS definitely prefers the tables as he's not keen on getting his toes in the sand.

Am considering getting one of these for sand too though. When we go to the stuff run by the council they often put these out with sand and cars in (or soil and trowels). DS loves being able to drive his cars through the shallow sand and will spend hours doing it.

Plus, it's a lot easier and less wasteful to empty the tray out into the bin when the sand gets all gross.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now