Talk

Advanced search

Very large fireguard needed

(9 Posts)
Bellie Thu 19-May-05 13:35:43

Hi - my dd is about to start crawling (earlier than I thought) and I need to get a fireguard quite quickly (big hearth to cover). The width will need to be at least 3m30cms to cover it. I have tried the usual places in the internet - mothercare etc and even with extendable and extra panels in they are still about a metre short. Anyone able to point me in the direction that I can find one - or does anyone have one I could buy??

Many thanks in advance

Bellie

marthamoo Thu 19-May-05 13:39:13

here?

This comes with wall fixings and you can use as many or as few sections as you need.

Magscat Thu 19-May-05 13:42:32

Argos do one that's probably not long enough on it's own but it comes in 2 halves so you could get 2 and add them together maybe?

here

Bellie Thu 19-May-05 16:44:44

Thanks - do you think that they would be 'sturdy' enough if you join them together?

sassy Thu 19-May-05 16:58:36

We use a babydan playpen for our fireguard.
it can be configured in lots of ways and has 6 sections, each about 50-60cms long.
Would this be any good to you? If so, Mothercare and the other usual suspects have them for about £70 IIRC.

Bellie Thu 19-May-05 17:54:23

Sassy - thanks I have looked at the babydan - however I am not sure that it will fix on properly and be strong enough once it is used this long - how do you fix yours?
Sorry if I am being thick - but really don't want to spend money on something that may not work

Magscat Thu 19-May-05 20:26:47

Re. the Argos one - I think it would take a few knocks -I mean it wouldn't collapse like a pack of cards - from memory they clip top & bottom.
Having said that it's nothing like as strong as a stair gate or similar.

I'm pretty sure you can take stuff back to Argos once the package has been opened though so might be worth a try. They must be very common so might be available on ebay or in local paper?

sassy Fri 20-May-05 08:46:02

We haven't fixed ours, just left it free-standing, but it is very stable.

Gwenick Fri 20-May-05 23:23:02

I know I'm a bit late to this - but the Argos one is VERY strong. We've had ours almost 4yrs now and it's still going strong - despite the fact that DS2 likes to crawl across the top of it and stand on it!!! - and he's 27lb!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: