Talk

Advanced search

Can you just buy a chassis for pushchair that carseat will fit on?

(16 Posts)
PavlovtheForgetfulCat Tue 14-Jul-09 17:20:16

And if so, what makes are they?

I am intending on using a sling/carrier of some kind and after much searching, umming and arring, we have come to the conclusion that we hardly used our last travel system, and once baby is 6 months we will by a mclaren or something. I pretty much carried DD everywhere, and plan to do this again with no.2.

So we are considering just buying the chassis for when new baby is in car seat, for quick trips/if DH is taking baby somewhere.

Do they exist? (pref M&P as we have car seat from DD but can buy another one if it works out cheaper than buying a whole new pushchair)

Rosie29 Tue 14-Jul-09 20:02:24

Why don't you buy a Maclaren which is suitable from birth? We have an XT Techno which I have used with all dc's from birth. That saves you buying a chassis which you'll hardly use and then a Maclaren aswell. HTH

PavlovtheForgetfulCat Tue 14-Jul-09 20:04:17

Its for DH to be honest. He would like to be able to take the car seat out and plonk it just on a chassis esp if baby is asleep. God knows why. I will be using the sling mostly and if not am happy to just use the old travel system we have, although it is cumbersome and takes up valuable space.

ilovemydogandmrobama Tue 14-Jul-09 20:05:27

Bugaboo
Quinny

Suitable for Maxi Cosi

PavlovtheForgetfulCat Tue 14-Jul-09 20:07:31

And we don't have to buy the whole pushchair bit? Can just buy the chassis? Will go have a look, thanks ILMD!

luckywinner Tue 14-Jul-09 20:09:04

Quinny zapp is the cheapest one. You can always get them on ebay and they fit Maxi Cosi car seat.

Scotia Tue 14-Jul-09 20:12:44

I have a m&p freedom argento chassis. It's got lockable swivel wheels, is grey/charcoal and folds flat. The m&p car seat clips onto it. I also have a raincover for it. You can have it for £15 complete plus post costs if you would like it.

PavlovtheForgetfulCat Tue 14-Jul-09 20:13:09

I was just looking at the Zapp - there is a black one for sale at £99, so just need car seat, can get one for £70 I think, thats less than £200, which means I can buy 2 slings for me!!! grin grin

callalilies Tue 14-Jul-09 20:13:26

Searched for bugaboo chassis on ebay

PavlovtheForgetfulCat Tue 14-Jul-09 20:14:21

Scotia - really? I have a M&P carseat already so that would be perfect!!! And if it did not work out and we get a different one afterall we would only have spent a little! I will just go look and see if it is what we want, but that is sounding good...grin

Pingpong Tue 14-Jul-09 20:15:58

I got my zapp for £60 on ebay a few months back. You can always resell if it's just going to be for occasional (DH) use. The zapp seems to have a good resale value IMO

PavlovtheForgetfulCat Tue 14-Jul-09 20:16:08

callalillies thats a good idea, just need to go see how much wheels would cost for it too! grin

PavlovtheForgetfulCat Tue 14-Jul-09 20:18:19

Scotia - does the primo vaggio carseat fit onto it?

PavlovtheForgetfulCat Tue 14-Jul-09 20:18:42

smac that is what I am thinking.

PavlovtheForgetfulCat Tue 14-Jul-09 20:32:10

OK decision is made, thanks all!

scotia thank you very much for your kind offer, but I have just shown DH the Zapp and he is sold.

Kiddicare.com have one for sale at £99, and Boots have the Carseat for sale at £91, so, that is £190 for the lot. And if we change our mind we can resell it, and if not, then from 6 months we will also have the stoller for use. We like thr fact that it is portable as we are likely to travel with the children to USA at least 2 times before new baby grows out of it, plus other places too.

Scotia Tue 14-Jul-09 21:53:38

Pavlov, that's no problem, I like the zapp myself grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now