Talk

Advanced search

Hunter light pink wellies have faded to almost white! Is there a way of dying them?

(9 Posts)
parker1313 Tue 14-Jul-09 14:00:19

hmm

tinseltot Tue 14-Jul-09 18:09:24

I have them but have not had issues. They look same as the day i bought them. I would contact Hunter head office and ask for their advice. Put on your poshest voice and say ' one is horribly dissapointed etc'. Perhaps you can blag a new pair for free.

JeMeSouviens Tue 14-Jul-09 18:12:28

My black pair are doing the same thing, and they've hardly been worn. I might email them.

scattykatty Tue 14-Jul-09 18:51:35

I've got the green ones and have had no probs at all... are your Hunter or Huntress though?

parker1313 Tue 14-Jul-09 20:13:24

They are hunter.Im so annoyed its not like their cheap!!
Im going to contact them too.
I look like a work in a cold store meat factory!!!

parker1313 Tue 14-Jul-09 20:18:25

Iv just emailed them so will keep you posted.

JeMeSouviens Wed 15-Jul-09 12:55:07

I got this response from Hunter:

Thank you for your enquiry.

Occasionally, it is possible that white marks will appear on your Hunter wellington boots. This is a phenomenon called 'blooming' and is your boots attempting to protect themselves from environmental damage.

Every Hunter wellington boot is made from 100% natural ingredients and small amounts of wax are included in the rubber compound during the vulcanisation process that is used to make each pair. When exposed to certain environmental factors, this wax can "bloom" to the surface and appear as white or blue marks.

This is not a defect with the boots, and is completely natural. If this does happen, you can wipe this blooming clean with a warm, damp cloth. Also, Hunter recommend Hunter UV Tech to maintain the ‘like new' look of your Hunter Rubber Boots and help to preserve flexibility and colour by providing essential plasticising oils lost by the degrading effects of the sun. Hunter UV Tech can be purchased from various Hunter retailers, as well as from our online store.

Kind regards

(it has to be said, they sit inside by my front door when not in use, and I've only worn them out 3 times, once in sun, twice in rain!)

horsemadgal Wed 15-Jul-09 13:19:37

Mmmm sounds a bit of a cop out.

I'm sure I heard they were no longer made in Scotland. Went bust or were bought out?? Wonder if that's anything to do with it??

parker1313 Wed 15-Jul-09 22:46:47

My response was for me to send them to them and they will see if there is a fault with them and if so they will replace.The thing is how much is going to cost to send them!!
Could I put free post on them do you think?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now