Talk

Advanced search

Digital photos to canvas

(5 Posts)
babyOcho Mon 13-Jul-09 12:30:44

Has anyone used Canvas 4 Life?

I like the website as you can size it and it only allows canvas on the quality of your uploaded item.

Does anyone have experience of the actual quality? Or have a suggestion for another site?

TIA

MerlinsBeard Mon 13-Jul-09 12:34:44

You can't size them - they are giving YOU the size options

and it would worry me that they supposedly use a special programme to tell the quality of your photos yet have no spell check (and i am by no means a pedant!) ( "Is my image good enough quality to blow up onto canvas?
The software embedded in the site automatically detects the quality of the original image and only allows sizes suiatble for printing. ")

can't imagine they are all that good if they boast about turning ppl away tbh

MerlinsBeard Mon 13-Jul-09 12:36:36

actually i am being judgey judgey lemme put in some excellent prints (am a photographer) and some shit ones (DH is NOTgrin)

MerlinsBeard Mon 13-Jul-09 12:42:31

hmm one of my images that i have printed regularly is saying the image resolution is not big enough and to try a larger picture .. not sure how much bigger than a metre square i need it to begrin

It did do another one but i know the quality of that is not enough for the size options it is giving me

babyOcho Mon 13-Jul-09 12:49:28

Thanks MoM.

Do you have experience of any other sites or places that have a fairly decent end product?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now