Talk

Advanced search

Sleepy Time Tape from Mother and Baby Magazine (2000/01)

(11 Posts)
BadHair Wed 18-May-05 22:46:32

I know this is a long shot but does anyone still have a tape called Sleepy Time that came free with Mother and Baby magazine in either 2000 or 2001? It's got lullabies and nursery chimes on one side and nursery rhymes on the other. Seem to remember one hideous song called Pookie Doodle Puppy, if that rings any bells.
If anyone's got this tape, could I please have a copy of it? Obviously I'll pay for tape and postage.
Our copy has gone to the scrapyard, buried deep in the bowels of my old car.

starshaker Wed 18-May-05 22:51:22

i love the song pookie doodle puppy.

BadHair Wed 18-May-05 23:04:45

The song's not so bad, its just the awful RP child's voice that's singing it. Drove me nuts. Do you have the tape?

BearintheBigBlueHouse Thu 19-May-05 09:18:11

You're going to hate me, but we had it and it kicked around unplayed in the nursery cupboard until it went the way of all free stuff a while back. BUT I did find the inlay card which says that the Songs and Nursery Rhymes on side 2 (incl PD Puppy) are taken from the Mother & Baby double CD collection "100 Favourite Childrens Songs & Nursery Rhymes" playing time 2 hours and 15 mins (Amnesty should be told) also available as a double play twin cassette - for stockists check sfc music or call 0845 130 5300 or email mbstockists@sfcmusic.co.uk. Side 1 lullabies are from the similar CD "Lullabies & Nursery Chimes."

The SFC website doesn't seem to list that particular CD anymore, but PD Puppy is on this one it's likely it's the same recording isn't it? HTH

Hulababy Thu 19-May-05 21:25:25

Maybe - I will go nd have a hunt. We odo have a tape called Sleepy Time somewhere.

Posey Thu 19-May-05 21:29:41

Yes, I've just found it on ds's shelf. Ever since I once played a freebie lullaby tape to calm dd and she then proceeded to scream for the next 6 hours, I've never played them again. But can't chuck them out!
CAT me your address and its yours.

Hulababy Thu 19-May-05 21:52:50

Glad someone else found it. I have found the casette box for Sleepy Time, but from 2003 Mother & Baby, but as yet the tape is missing.

BadHair Fri 20-May-05 23:14:04

Posey, thank you for this. I've CATed you with details but I'm away next week, back next Sunday. Thank you again.

Evesmama Fri 20-May-05 23:17:45

ive got a lullaby one??(CD though?)

Posey Sat 21-May-05 22:00:24

BadHair - not sure if it takes longer to get CAT messages at the weekend, anyway will look out for it and send the tape asap. Glad its going to a good home.

BadHair Sat 28-May-05 22:57:53

Posey - thank you very, very much for the tape. Got back from holiday today and there it was. Have already played it to dses and they're well chuffed - Sailing to Dreamland gets them to nod off in the car (yipeee!).
Thank you again, it really is much appreciated.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: