Talk

Advanced search

trampline poles/safetynets inside or out?

(8 Posts)
tab Sun 12-Jul-09 17:52:01

Sorry - more trampoline questions - I know there have been rather a lot lately. Ok all you trampoline gurus ..... should the poles be inside or out and/or is it more about what they are covered in/made out of. Does that make sense. Looking very seriously now to actually purchase a trampoline (octagonal one wanted)BUT is it worth spending extra to get a net inside springs rather than outside. Help and reassurance needed!! I have to buy one soon ---- its nearly the summer holidays!!

SingleMum01 Sun 12-Jul-09 20:15:29

definately net inside poles and springs. otherwise dp's may bang on the poles (which would still hurt if hit after a bounce even if its covered) or feet go through the springs. Its definitely worth the extra money. They're great fun and exercise for kids (and adults!) Good luck.

KingCanuteIAm Sun 12-Jul-09 20:19:17

No net at all, spend the saved money on a summer course teaching your dc how to bounce safely on a trampoline, the basic rules, basic bounces, getting on and off properly etc. A course is a far more likely to let them use it safely than a net which can cause its own problems and injuries.

Apparently more injuries on trampolines are caused by children getting off improperly than anything else.

tab Mon 13-Jul-09 21:09:27

thanks you two! Have two old enough to bounce and one who will think he's big enough so am veering towards net just because I know there will be times when I physically cant be watching them.
Single mum o1 which trampoline do you have? The price difference just seems phenomenal.

KingCanuteIAm Tue 14-Jul-09 10:31:07

It is totally up to you, trampolines are risky and we each have to work out which risks we are happiest with TBH! THere is another thread running with some horror stories info on accidents both with and without nets, here. smile

I really recommend the lessons though, even if you do go for a net, a summer course could be a fun thing for the dc to do and will give you some added confidence when they are using their own trampoline.

SingleMum01 Tue 14-Jul-09 20:11:03

Are you in the UK? Mine was from argos, a 10' one with net, about £130 4 years ago. I noticed Asda were doing them for £99 which looked the same.

We've had ours for 4 years, its had lots of children on and is still going strong!

I only have one child so if you've more I would recommend getting a bigger one. My boy is also very sensible and I taught him to follow the rules that came with it, ie, bounce properly on it, ie, no back flips etc! In fact my friend has a bigger one and when we all meet round there with kids my boy won't go on it as he says its not safe with so many on it.

tab Wed 15-Jul-09 21:26:40

thanks you two. Yes Im in UK singlemum and yes some lessons sound like a good idea kingcanute. just have to choose one now!!! To be honest the accident thread ... aaargh ....has made me feel really nervous!

KingCanuteIAm Thu 16-Jul-09 11:56:33

Well, without sounding too pious, it can be a good thing if you have a proper idea of the sorts of things that go wrong on trampolines so you know what behaviour can cause problems, things like tying hair back is probably not something most people would think of. Fore-warned is fore-armed and all that grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now