Talk

Advanced search

Travel blackout blinds

(8 Posts)
pigleychez Sun 12-Jul-09 09:53:14

After trying a blanket over the normal shit blackout blind for a few nighs in my DD's room, we have been getting an extra hour or so in bed! 6 or 6.30 instead of 5 or 5.30am grin

Been reading about the Travel blackout blinds and think this would be fab but notice it says up to 200cm.

My DD's window is 203cm wide... thats the whole frame.

Anyone with the blind... Does it attach to the frame or window itself? It should just about fit if it can attach to the window.

spicemonster Sun 12-Jul-09 09:55:27

It attaches with suckers to the window so should be fine. It's been an absolute godsend for us

BikeRunSki Sun 12-Jul-09 10:25:01

Suckers onto the window glass. It's fab, but I have been told by frineds that they can't get hold of them - there seems to have been a bit of a run on them since we were evangalising about them on here a few weeks ago.

pigleychez Sun 12-Jul-09 19:19:32

BikeRunSki- Thats where I heard about them and what gave the idea to try with the blanket first to see if that helped at all.

I do hope I can get some!

pigleychez Sun 12-Jul-09 22:59:18

Woo Hoo.. I got one from Baby etc.

Also got £5.99 off with thier July sale so the delivery was free.
Cost £28.97

cookielove Sun 12-Jul-09 23:02:50

oh my have to get that for my dp, he apparently has thin eye lids and can't stand the light

mel1981 Sun 12-Jul-09 23:26:55

Just checked the website and it says they are in stock. Ive not heard of these before- sounds great. Ive got the curtain type but they keep coming loose....am off to check measurements of DS's bedroom window now LOL

Fizzylemonade Mon 13-Jul-09 10:28:18

We have baa baa blackout blinds for holidays, they attach directly to the glass.

When combined with curtains they are great but they IMO aren't made of a blackout material. I did contact baa baa about them and they said they were "travel" blinds, they are good but not like covering your window with actual blackout material.

We have blackout roller blinds and I roll them down a bit further than normal and blu-tack them to the glass in my son's bedroom to stop the light but we also have blackout lined dark curtains too. Light still comes in through the top but none from the sides.

Worth a try.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now