Talk

Advanced search

double buggies

(7 Posts)
dan101 Sat 11-Jul-09 15:14:51

Hi
just wondered if anybody could help me I have just bought the o baby tandem double buggie, similar to the phil and ted and I seem to be having problems with it. When I push it it moves to the right and is very difficult to push when 2 children in it, at times I think it may actually fall over. Has anybody else had this problem, as not sure if it is common problem with doublem tandems or a fault on my'n.

melmog Sat 11-Jul-09 15:18:09

The only similar problem I had to this was when my tyres weren't pumped up properly. I'm sure you're not as daft as me but it took a visit to the shop I bought it from for them to point out that I needed to pump them up. blush

This was a p & t so very similar design.

dan101 Mon 13-Jul-09 19:48:43

Thanks for the advice think you are right this could be the problem. Just another questin, how do you pump them up ? I have tried it with a bike pump and this doesnt seem to be working, after I have pumped them up when releasing the pump all the air comes back out, having a nightmare.

79parrott Wed 15-Jul-09 21:14:16

please help thinking of buy double buggy for walking a 14 mth old and 4 yr old but want more kids.. looking at the mountain urban elite, the easy walker duo sky or the teutonia what are like or is there something better or may be i'm just mad....

dan101 Sat 18-Jul-09 21:16:16

I got the o baby tandem which does seem ok and the extra chair does have more space than the phil and ted but i'm just struggling with the tyres at the moment. I went for this one as i thought i may struggle shopping with a side by side one. but everybody has different needs. don't know if it will be any use to you but I have a wrist strap from mothercare which is very good and use this with my first child if i'm not going far and put the baby in the smaller buggy, he enjoys walking with it and it has a bit of give with it so he has a little independence.

mamamami Sun 19-Jul-09 19:28:06

79 parrott - I'm in the same situation as you. Been looking at the same doubles. At the moment I'm favouring the Easywalker - lighter than the Mountain (apparently) and looks nice! The Phil&Teds Twin (side by side) seems ok as well. But help! V confused! Can anyone help?!! All I know is can't have the nipper 360 as 2 year old won't sit in it - seats too reclined even when upright. Any advice will be gratefully received! my second baby is due in 8 wks so need to get a double soon!

dan101 Sun 19-Jul-09 20:04:46

Have sorted my problems with o baby XI and it is turning out to be ideal for a new born ( 2 weeks old) and a 2 year old. I would recommend it as a good double. the kiddicare wbsite is good place to look as it has a clip of the double so you can see how they change as the baby gets older.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now