Talk

Advanced search

washer/drier-bl***y Comet

(4 Posts)
merglemergle Wed 18-May-05 19:46:41

Can someone recomend a. a good washer drier (or I suppose, a seperate washer and drier if need be). No particular criteria but does get used a lot and b. somewhere with really good warranty.

Our washer/drier is 1 and 1/2 years old and we have 2 1/2 years left to run. It keeps on breaking down, same fault every single time (getting stuck on part of the cycle). To give an idea of frequency, they have been out on 4 separate jobs in the last 6 weeks, plus coming back with parts etc, so I estimate I have now spent about 12 days of the last 6 weeks trying to entertain a toddler in the house. They won't prioritise a second visit or anything-so me and my 20 month old are expected to wait in all day Monday too, doing without a machine over the weekend (10 days without a machine). They also will not write it off.

To top it off, the engineer came this morning clearly not very sober.

We are expecting another baby in 6 weeks and I cannot be doing with this, so we are going to buy another one. However, I'm very tempted to hang onto the one we have too, and make them come out every couple of weeks to fix it.

Oh, it is an Indesit bought from Comet btw. I think the whole package, including extended waranty, cost around 700 pounds.

Tinker Wed 18-May-05 19:54:08

Oh, it all sounds so familiar - washer/dryer...Indesit...bought from Comet...repeatedly breaking down

I would always, always, always get separate if I had the room

debs26 Wed 18-May-05 20:01:48

call manager, if he wont help ask him for number of head office and keep going higher until you get what you want. if you are told you cant go higher, that is probably rubbish. you can still complain to indesit and trading standards. make sure you know it will not be good publicity if you post on here complaining given your situation and you will be asking trading standards to consider compensating you for all the time you have spent waiting in for them. they will almost certainly give in and give you a new one. just be as awkward as you can. good luck, comet are gits.

merglemergle Thu 19-May-05 12:02:48

debs-it worked! They've written the thing off and we are going to go pick up a new one (NOT indeset, nice Miele , I think) ! Well pleased, ta.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: