Talk

Advanced search

Anyone got a cosatto duet lite?

(9 Posts)
Hangingbellyofbabylon Sat 11-Jul-09 11:26:35

I know it's not perfect but it's the one we're going for as will not need often as dd2 will be at playgroup. Does anyone own this already? and can you tell me if the front bumper bar is easily removeable? dd2 is disabled and unless I can remove the bumper bar I won't be able to get her in the seat. Thanks smile

Hangingbellyofbabylon Sat 11-Jul-09 19:01:56

bump for evening crowd.

nicolamumof3 Sat 11-Jul-09 21:54:04

had one of these but got rid fast as it was impossible to maneouvre. yes i think it did open quite easily tho?

dobby2001 Sat 11-Jul-09 22:00:32

it really is a terrible buggy, difficult to manouvere, much longer than usual single when folded so often does not fit in cars, very heavy to lift - which you often have to do as so tricky to manouvere [cross]

Do pop over to the pushchair people forum to speak with them as they might have a better option for you

Frizbe Sat 11-Jul-09 22:04:06

Used to have one, the newer models are lighter than the older ones, front bar came off ok, that been said with the heavier child in front, once she got a lot bigger (ie 3 and heavy, I have heavy kids, not fat! just heavy for some reason?!) it was a pita to shift, so wouldn't recommend it if you have a weighty child, hope this makes sense.

Hangingbellyofbabylon Sat 11-Jul-09 22:04:31

thanks. Have talked to pushchair people already. I can't afford a P&T and already have a maclaren twin techno and have had a jane powertwin. I'm expecting it to be hard to push and hard to lift but it does fold down smaller than most. Length isn't too much of an issue as have a huge boot but need to fit in single pushchair, double pushchair and wheelchair so I do need a compact double.

Hangingbellyofbabylon Sat 11-Jul-09 22:05:54

thanks frizbe, dd2 is 3 but about the size of an average 18 month old so hopefully shouldn't be too bad. smile. I really don't think there is a perfect double out there.

Frizbe Sat 11-Jul-09 22:11:28

I think I'd try and find one local to you to try out 1st mind, try before you buy and all that jazz smile

Hangingbellyofbabylon Sat 11-Jul-09 22:23:45

have tried the mothercare hoxton and the toysrus equivalent which are meant to be very similar. Both were ok but both of the display models were already broken which doesn't bode well does it? There are some really good offers on-line for the cosatto so I'll have to see if there is a shop stocking them locally. Thanks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now