Talk

Advanced search

Which pushchair/buggy for my big boy

(12 Posts)
vodafonecottonwood Fri 10-Jul-09 14:24:45

who occasionally wants a ride when he is crabby. Would a quinny zapp be ok or a mountain buggy breeze or like? I dont want to/need to spend a fortune but it would be nice to have something just incase
he is nearly 4 and please dont shoot me down in flames for have a pushchair for him

PrettyCandles Fri 10-Jul-09 14:26:27

Chicco Mulitway is good for larger child. Umbrellafold, but wider and higher than normal. Seat is a bit short, though, but has a legrest that can be raised and back lies flat, so very comfortable if they sleep in the buggy.

horsemadgal Fri 10-Jul-09 15:37:44

My son fitted in these at age 4 and they pushed easily (I prob have pics of him in most if you want to see!!)

Quinny Zapp
Jane Powertrack 360
Mountain Buggy Urban (not sure on Breeze, think it's a bit smaller??)
Jane Nomad
Quinny Speedi (seat very reclined though)
Bruin Presto (2 handles though so not just as easy to push)

That's all can think of right now.

TamTam29 Fri 10-Jul-09 19:43:34

maclaren xt is big, has a wide & deep seat unit. My big 2 year old loves it although not as much as his mountain buggy.

Mountain buggyurban is big and not easy to fit into a car and dont think the breeze is that much more transportable but bet it wiuld be comfy.

CarGirl Fri 10-Jul-09 19:45:35

baby jogger mini citi, not the breeze, too small.

easy life sport

phil & ted

mrsleroyjethrogibbs Fri 10-Jul-09 20:07:27

I have an easylife sport and I do love it to bits but OMG is it heavy heavy heavy. hence wanting something smaller/lighter

CarGirl Fri 10-Jul-09 20:11:35

My 5 & 6 year olds still have turns in the easy life sport, agree though very light to push but heavy for in and out of the car!

mrsleroyjethrogibbs Fri 10-Jul-09 20:56:13

d'you know Cargirl the easylife sport is SUCH an underrated buggy. They are so fabby. I would rate one over a mountain buggy/p&t but thats just me

horsemadgal Fri 10-Jul-09 20:59:37

OO how could I forget the Baby Jogger City Mini!!
DS1 is 5.5 now and still fits.

CarGirl Fri 10-Jul-09 21:00:03

I don't like it as a tandem compared the P&T - although I had a kiwi explorer which is basically the same as the easylife but without the tricky folding mechanism!

As a single I love it.

What colour do you have, mine is the gaudy yellow and that does put me off! It's in VGC or I'd spray paint the frame grin

mrsleroyjethrogibbs Fri 10-Jul-09 21:26:32

Mine is silver framed with the blue covers.
I have never had it as a tandem or with a toddler seat just as a single pushchiar.

Must look up a baby jogger city mini

nicolamumof3 Fri 10-Jul-09 21:29:25

Maclaren Techno XT or XLR if you are tall if for occasional use. otherwise something with air tyres will be a much easier push.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now