Talk

Advanced search

best car racing track ever please?

(6 Posts)
hereidrawtheline Fri 10-Jul-09 12:26:33

I am thinking of getting DS a really fab car racing track thingy for his 3rd birthday. The sort of thing he can put cars on and make them race round and round for ages on? What are the good ones? with buttons maybe?

claricebeansmum Fri 10-Jul-09 17:41:10

Scaletrix.
Classic and fab. You can build it up over the years athough I have to admit not sure how 3 year old friendly it is.

ericcantonasbitontheside Fri 10-Jul-09 17:45:04

The Carrs Piston Cup rally thing is very good

Had Scaletrix before but found it too fiddly (is that even a word??)

sazm Tue 14-Jul-09 13:09:20

dont get the roary one anyway,we bought it for my ds and he loved it until we got it together and it didnt work, what a disappointment (and £40 wasted)

fruitshootsandheaves Tue 14-Jul-09 13:20:55

something like this might be good. He seems quite young but you can add on to scalextric sets and they are pretty timeless. The cars stay on the track better on the large scale one than on the micro sets IMO.
We used to wind a rubber band round the triggers of ours so that DS couldn't press it right down constantly, this meant the cars don't fly off at every corner but the newer cars stay on much better anyway.

fruitshootsandheaves Tue 14-Jul-09 13:23:05

Also my DC's grew out of the micro scalextrix quite quickly but still play with the larger size set.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now