Talk

Advanced search

Are bath seats any good?

(13 Posts)
kerfuffle Wed 18-May-05 13:03:36

My dd is six months old, really enjoys bathtime and is wanting to stay in longer now. I was considering buying a bath seat because it makes my back ache holding on to her and bending down. Has anyone used one, if so do you think they are appropriate for her agegroup? I don't want to buy one and then realise I have wasted my money, or onlyn use it for a few weeks. She cannot sit up unaided yet, are they okay to use when she is able to sit? Any advice would be much appreciated

bonniej Wed 18-May-05 13:05:32

I found my bath seat fantastic, but only when my dd was sitting up unaided. She then used it for ages as she felt secure and happy in it and it leaves you with both hands free. I'd definately recommend them

DissLocated Wed 18-May-05 13:17:40

You can get reclining bath seats that are suitable from birth. We used ours from when dd was newborn and only stopped when she was about 10 mo. Agree with bonniej, they are fantastic and leave both hands free.

Nemo1977 Wed 18-May-05 13:21:53

we had one for ds but he hated it as he always slipped forward and it caught his willy. However your dd will not have this problem and my friend still uses hers for her 20mth old dd.

teeavee Wed 18-May-05 13:22:23

never knew the things existed until I was given one by a friend - the reclining type with suckers n the bottom
BRILLIANT - definitely one of the things I would recommend for a new parent, much easier to wash baby, and more fun.

teeavee Wed 18-May-05 13:22:42

never knew the things existed until I was given one by a friend - the reclining type with suckers on the bottom
BRILLIANT - definitely one of the things I would recommend for a new parent, much easier to wash baby, and more fun.

LIZS Wed 18-May-05 13:49:53

We had one for dd so she had her own space when bathed with ds. It was great but we got it cheap second hand as we weren't sure, not having had one for ds, whether we'd get on with it. They do need to be sitting quite securely which dd did from before 6 months and used it until she was about 18 months and wedged her legs in !

Nemo1977 Wed 18-May-05 13:52:03

sorry meant to say our bath seat was for 6mths plus. Theone from newborn was fab and we have kept it for no.2

MarsLady Wed 18-May-05 13:54:02

fantastic! The DTs loved theirs.

natts Wed 18-May-05 13:57:20

i think i had the same brand as nemo for our ds, looked v painful, although i have to say he was as happy as larry in it, it was no good for him until he could sit up though. i would by that type again.

PrettyCandles Wed 18-May-05 14:34:56

We have never used bathseats, not even for dd when she joined ds in the bath from age 6w or so. We just kept the bathwater very shallow so that she could happily lie on her back or tummy - under our supervision of course.

Sponge Wed 18-May-05 14:54:38

For dd we had one of the polystyrene filled bath floats but ds was too heavy and wriggly for it almost stright away. For him we had a shaped plastic seat with suckers on the bottom. Second lots of the opinions here that it was fab - quite cheap, he really enjoyed it and we didn't have to hold him. Now he's 9 months and can sit well unaided we don't use it any more as he likes to move about and was climbing out of it anyway, so if yours is 6 months already it will probably be quite a short-lived purchase.

kerfuffle Thu 19-May-05 20:03:41

Thanks everyone

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: