Talk

Advanced search

Which 'holiday' stroller for 22 month old?

(6 Posts)
rumpus Thu 09-Jul-09 20:27:47

Hi, I am looking for a stroller to take on hols for a largish nearly 2 year old so it needs to be roomy and sturdy.

I am tempted to buy a cheap one but conflicted with this as I think I will want to use it post holiday as I'm getting sick of taking my Bugaboo Frog apart every day to put in the car boot (which I've done for 4 years!!).

Any recommendations gratefully received!

ExtraFancy Thu 09-Jul-09 20:40:32

Petite Star Zia - folds up small, lovely big seat, reclines, raincover/hood/basket etc. You can get carry-bags for it too.

Mine got stolen from a train in Cornwall sad

babydrip Thu 09-Jul-09 21:04:41

babydan, loads of room and takes heavier weight

wwwbabygudscouk Fri 10-Jul-09 11:13:32

I'd second the Petit Star Zia as it has a full recline and very compact so much better than the Zapp which has no recline at all. If you don't want a full recline though have a look at the quicksmart slightly cheaper than the zia and folds even smaller!

SweetApril Fri 10-Jul-09 12:00:48

Baby Jogger City Mini. Lots of room, very sturdy, fantastic hood for keeping the sun off, excellent recline for sleeping. Not the smallest fold but very, very quick and easy. Handle is high and not adjustable so possibly not great if you're on the small side (although may be fine. I'm tall and it's brilliant for me) I previously had a Maclaren Quest and this knocks spots off it.

bran Fri 10-Jul-09 12:07:29

I second the City Mini. I have one for DD and it goes in and out of the boot at least twice a day with minimum effort. It's easier with a bigish boot though as it folds flat and square rather than umbrella style. It's sturdy enough to take my 5 yr old DS when he plays at being a baby.

The one thing I would say about flying with it is that would be a good idea to buy a bag for it as the rear wheels have a quick release button so if something presses up against in the hold in just the right place you could get to the other end and find you're missing a wheel. Ikea do sturdy clear storage bags which would be ideal as the baggage handlers would be able to see that it was a buggy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now