Talk

Advanced search

where can I find good children's duvets?

(12 Posts)
julen Wed 18-May-05 11:16:54

Hi there,

I'm looking for children's duvets - any idea where I can find any reasonably priced ones..? And while I am at it, does anyone know of just plain (children's) duvet covers? Those character ones give me a headache just by looking at them.. Sorry, boring, but there you are.

expatinscotland Wed 18-May-05 11:17:39

IKEA!

katierocket Wed 18-May-05 11:19:30

john lewis
white company

julen Wed 18-May-05 11:19:45

Oh groan.. I had blanked that one out.. Probably a good place to go for this, yo're right. Any tips on how to survive it?

julen Wed 18-May-05 11:20:15

Ikea, I meant - not very good at shopping, I am..

binkie Wed 18-May-05 11:41:22

White Co not the cheapest but I really recommend, especially the synthetic (polyester?) fill ones - oh the relief of being able to stick a sicky duvet in the washing-machine!

And obviously they deliver to you.

Ever so tasteful covers, too.

binkie Wed 18-May-05 11:45:48

just because I can't remember, can anyone recall what duvets used to be called when they were a novelty (early seventies or so) - was it "nordic quilts" or something?

katierocket Wed 18-May-05 11:47:27

all john lewis duvets are washable.
I love john lewis

binkie Wed 18-May-05 11:52:11

no, it was "continental quilt"

hey, I bet they're still called that in John Lewis (I love it too )

SofiaAmes Wed 18-May-05 22:22:15

You can wash the feather ones too. On warm and dry in dryer on medium heat. I got mine at John Lewis.

darlingbud Wed 18-May-05 22:25:09

we found an ideal one on holiday last year. we got it home and cleaned it thoroughly as it was an extra (unneeded) one in the chalet on holiday (cough cough) I must have accidentally packed it away when we were leaving.

julen Thu 19-May-05 14:46:28

Thanks all, for saving me from running around like a madwoman looking for this..

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: