Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

where can I find good children's duvets?

(12 Posts)
julen Wed 18-May-05 11:16:54

Hi there,

I'm looking for children's duvets - any idea where I can find any reasonably priced ones..? And while I am at it, does anyone know of just plain (children's) duvet covers? Those character ones give me a headache just by looking at them.. Sorry, boring, but there you are.

expatinscotland Wed 18-May-05 11:17:39

IKEA!

katierocket Wed 18-May-05 11:19:30

john lewis
white company

julen Wed 18-May-05 11:19:45

Oh groan.. I had blanked that one out.. Probably a good place to go for this, yo're right. Any tips on how to survive it?

julen Wed 18-May-05 11:20:15

Ikea, I meant - not very good at shopping, I am..

binkie Wed 18-May-05 11:41:22

White Co not the cheapest but I really recommend, especially the synthetic (polyester?) fill ones - oh the relief of being able to stick a sicky duvet in the washing-machine!

And obviously they deliver to you.

Ever so tasteful covers, too.

binkie Wed 18-May-05 11:45:48

just because I can't remember, can anyone recall what duvets used to be called when they were a novelty (early seventies or so) - was it "nordic quilts" or something?

katierocket Wed 18-May-05 11:47:27

all john lewis duvets are washable.
I love john lewis

binkie Wed 18-May-05 11:52:11

no, it was "continental quilt"

hey, I bet they're still called that in John Lewis (I love it too )

SofiaAmes Wed 18-May-05 22:22:15

You can wash the feather ones too. On warm and dry in dryer on medium heat. I got mine at John Lewis.

darlingbud Wed 18-May-05 22:25:09

we found an ideal one on holiday last year. we got it home and cleaned it thoroughly as it was an extra (unneeded) one in the chalet on holiday (cough cough) I must have accidentally packed it away when we were leaving.

julen Thu 19-May-05 14:46:28

Thanks all, for saving me from running around like a madwoman looking for this..

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now