Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

People carries / MPVs with rear-facing middle row of seats - Tell me some pls

(7 Posts)
LoveBuckets Thu 09-Jul-09 10:44:46

I have a bit of a crush on a local lady's car because her middle seats face the rear seats and there's still bootspace behind, it's a Toyota Estima. I peer through it's little caravanesque curtains everyday on the schoolrun and sigh with longingblush.

Unfortunately, they're not made anymore and this puts my DH off getting one so I'm looking for any other cars that work in a similar way.

TIA
Buckets

mumo75 Thu 09-Jul-09 11:02:27

VW caravelle but its only a 7 seater, butits thebest people carrier ever!!!!

LoveBuckets Thu 09-Jul-09 11:05:22

Ooh will check it out thanks, 7 seats ample.

Another criteria is height, don't want anything hugely tall ie I'm 5'8" and I'd like to be able to see the roof when standing next to itgrin.

MilaMae Thu 09-Jul-09 12:38:56

We have said car you're lusting over,you're not in Devon are you, I only ask because they are so popular down here and I did the same as you for a while. blush

Anyhow we have 3 dc so had to upgrade dp fell in love with said Estima/Lucida(they are exactly the same). We decided to get one as have had rave recommendations and they are tough as old boots.We also were desperate for sliding doors.

Dp wanted a 7 seater as you get a central aisle and captain seats which turn round(fab for picnics)and recline. We had to search for ages as the 7 seaters go like hotcakes.

Anyhow dp found a fab dealer up near Chester who imports direct from Japan. In Japan the tax goes up after a while so they all tend to sell them off. We wanted one imported direct as knew it would be in good condition not having loads of British owners.

This dealer then rang us to let us know when a 7 seater was coming on the next boat we paid £200 deposit to save it(was written up that we could get it back if we didn't like it). When it arrived he rang to say it was in excellent condition and put in new battery etc. He took our old battered Zafira as part exchange and gave us a years warranty!!!!!!

We are so pleased with it, I love it. I love the aisle fab for dealing with carsickness handing out snacks. The dtwins can't argue as are split up,dd likes her private seat at the back and the boot holds masses. It has great parking sensors and camera so even I can park it. It runs like a dream and the sliding doors are saving my sanity big time!!!!

They do still make them just an upgraded version,I didn't want a new one though as they are bigger. The one we've got is thinner than my old Zafira and only 10cm longer.

I'm sounding like an anorak now blush

LoveBuckets Thu 09-Jul-09 17:23:24

Thanks Milamae, that's exactly what I wanted to hear! Would you mind telling me roughly how much it was
BTw we in Hampshire not Devonsmile

MilaMae Thu 09-Jul-09 22:07:05

It was £4000 and it was R, had done 72000 miles.

Dp says you can get them for a lot cheaper than that but we wanted the extras and warranty. 8 seaters are easier to find so cheaper too.

Good luck smile

Marthasmama Thu 09-Jul-09 22:09:19

I think the new Renault Espace has seats that can be turned so the middle ones face the back ones. Bloody expensive though!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now