Talk

Advanced search

Okay, so what to buy three cousins and their mothers all born within a week of each other?

(15 Posts)
OliviaMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 09-Jul-09 10:21:44

Three v good friends of mine, all sisters, have just had three baby girls within a week of each other. Pretty incredible really.
I am struggling with the baby present though as I would like to get them all something similar (ish) but two of them already have girls so no need for babygros etc really, is there? (or do you like to have new stuff for the new baby?)

One baby is DC4 (DD3)
One baby is DC2 (DD2)
And one is a PFB (so slightly easier)
All suggestions welcomed
TIA

EyeballsintheSky Thu 09-Jul-09 10:37:46

Can't do link on here but my default new baby gift is the fleece blanket with name and dob from borngifted (.co.uk or .com can't remember). Everyone loves them and now friends and family are buying them for their friends and family.

4andnotout Thu 09-Jul-09 10:38:33

I was about to say get something similar but personalised for each baby

EyeballsintheSky Thu 09-Jul-09 10:45:04

I had to make sure I only got one when dd was born was otherwise everyone I knew would have got her one They weren't around when my 6yo niece was born so last Christmas she asked me to get her one as her bro and sis both had them. Felt like a right plum ordering one with 2002 on!

midnightexpress Thu 09-Jul-09 10:48:58

Depends on your budget, but I really like these - I often give them as pressies for newborns. You could get the bigger sizes for the winter.

OliviaMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 09-Jul-09 10:49:58

Good point. And hadn't thought of personalisation>
Do you need blankets by the time you have Dc4 though?

EyeballsintheSky Thu 09-Jul-09 10:53:14

Don't know really. I've given them to three dc2 and one dc3 amongst others but only having managed to squeeze out a pfb myself I couldnt really say...

4andnotout Thu 09-Jul-09 10:53:32

Every new baby needs a personalised blanket grin

My dd4 has one as do all the others, it helps me remember their names grin wink

midnightexpress Thu 09-Jul-09 10:54:00

I wouldn't get blankets. I have got drawers full of completely unused blankets (we used grobags from a pretty early age), and I've only got two children.

OliviaMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 10-Jul-09 16:35:46

Bump for the weekend crowd

OliviaMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 15-Jul-09 13:51:09

another hopeful bump?!
Or it's babygros all the way

MayorNaze Wed 15-Jul-09 13:52:48

flowers for the mums

something matching and twee/keepsakey for the babies like silver bracelets or something?

meep Wed 15-Jul-09 13:58:20

both my dds got letters spelling out their names for their rooms this sort of thing.

spicemonster Wed 15-Jul-09 14:18:37

There's some nice stuff in this shop www.littlegigglesgifts.co.uk/index.php?target=categories&category_id=62

TamTam29 Fri 17-Jul-09 14:18:17

how close are you? will you be buying them presents in the future?

We bought our nieces a cheapish silver bracelet eash, then bought charms for 1st bday, christmas, Christening. We have just bought the eldest niece a little satchel charm for when she starts school in september.

The bracelets are all different as we bought what we could find at the time (they are adult size but with large links so thaat the bracelet could be fastened to any size. We bought them from a little old fashioned jewlers for a fraction of what the high st stores charge. Think we spent under £15 each for them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now