Talk

Advanced search

Only have a shower, not a bath? - BibaBath - anyone tried one?

(7 Posts)
Humpdebump Thu 09-Jul-09 09:08:15

I am moving into a property that does not have a bath, the landlord is 'considering' installing one, but it could be up to a year before it gets done. I have a 3.5 year old and 1 year old and they HATE the shower, they are absolutely petrified of it. Alternatives I thought of are: Using a paddling pool as a bath (which I imagine to be a nightmare to empty each time)
or, filling the shower tray up (which is not really going to get particularly deep for a large 3 yr old)
Then I saw these www.bibabad.net/international/international.html online and wanted to know if anyone had tried one. The pictures make it look fine for 2, (but maybe they are small children!). Its quite a cost for me to meet at the moment - £135 incl delivery, but its the only thing of its kind that I can find. I wondered if any mumsnetters have any opinions/experience of one of these.

4andnotout Thu 09-Jul-09 09:10:40

I lived in a flat with only a shower until dd1 was about 3, we used an inflatable dinghy blush We would fill it to the brim and there was plenty of room, it was easy to store too.

mogs0 Thu 09-Jul-09 19:30:56

When ds was smaller, he used to use an inflatable baby bath when we went to our caravan. I can't remember what age he used it until but he was quite big (about 4 years-ish). On a few occasions we managed to fit 2 large toddlers in. It was just the normal Mothercare one that costs about £10. It's probably not ideal for you but might be a good short term option while you decide on the other one or if your landlord fits a bath.

I like the one in the link but £135 is quite a lot. Are there any on ebay?

thisisyesterday Thu 09-Jul-09 19:38:05

that's such a good idea!
i think if you're going to be there for a while and you know there will be no bath it's worth the money.

not sure i'd do it if it's just a year though, would figure something cheaper out i think

CarGirl Thu 09-Jul-09 19:38:46

We get our 3 dc in a shorty shaped bath (tis small) so it doesn look perfect IMO.

Could you ask your landlord to go haves on one of those instead?

Loopymumsy Thu 09-Jul-09 20:03:40

Message withdrawn

CarGirl Thu 09-Jul-09 20:09:40

square paddling pools anywhere.....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now