Talk

Advanced search

Playmobil - suggestions for 3yr old DD

(13 Posts)
mejon Wed 08-Jul-09 22:33:08

Arrived home earlier to find DH had been looking at Playmobil for DD's 3rd birthday (he must be a secret MNer!) but there is sooo much choice and we don't know where to start. Does anyone have any recommendations (or is she too young)? Thanks.

weegiemum Wed 08-Jul-09 22:35:01

Some of that animal ones are really good - there's several zoo ones I think, a Noah's Ark, farm etc ....

My dd2 loved them when she was 3, though nowadays her fave is the aeroplane and the pirate ship!

PigeonPie Wed 08-Jul-09 22:41:46

DS1 (3.7) is enjoying playing with the circus - particularly the truck (not sure if that is available atm as it's an old one from the first time round) which turns into a bus and all sorts of other things. He also loves the 4x4 and the construction stuff he's got but that might not appeal as much.

I did see the bus at a friend's the other day and thought that that would be fab as he loves getting people to go on journeys and I think that they are non-gender specific!

mejon Thu 09-Jul-09 13:15:19

Thank you for your suggestions. We'll have a good look.

hana Thu 09-Jul-09 13:21:24

the house is great, packs up with a handle

or the camper van - my 2 and 4 year olds love that.

bought the hospital in a damaged box sale (saw here!) a few months ago, can't wait for that (xmas pressie)

you don't have to get big sets, there are some cute smaller ones too for under or around a tenner

MaybeAfterBreakfast Thu 09-Jul-09 13:36:08

3 not too young imo. Ds1 (3.2yo) is really keen on the knights' stuff, but other favourites are the aeroplane and air ambulance.

Takver Thu 09-Jul-09 13:55:08

Not in the least to young, dd has played with hers (mostly farm animals) from age 2 & it is still a favourite toy now (age 7).

DamonBradleylovesPippi Thu 09-Jul-09 14:03:00

both lots of Playmobil for DD1 last xmas when she was 3.5. She still doesn't play with them very much but she does not play with any toys...it's all fantasy and imagination for her.

we got all from ebay second hand and were super pleased as less than half price and perfect condition. we got the modern house, playground and lots of mixed children/people/bits. I used to play with them for hourse so I am sure she will too eventually...

PfftTheMagicDragon Thu 09-Jul-09 14:03:46

The camper van is good because it has a lot of stuff with it, table and chairs, people, plates, cups, food, bikes. There is a lot of play within that, IYSWIM. I am thinking of getting DS a coach now, but he would need other playmobil to play well with it.

MilaMae Thu 09-Jul-09 14:41:14

I'd get something she knows a lot about. We have the hospital (it's fab)but it took a while for them to know what happens in a hospital iykwim.

The beach and camper van are good. The ice cream parlour is super albeit fiddly.

My dd adores the rock castle she has a princess in there that basically takes on all her brothers knights(and wins) but it's taken her a while to learn what goes on in a castle.

The vets would be good or what about the pony centre? The farm is lovely too we have the henhouse complete with eggs that lives in our wooden farm house.

I love the new house but it's soooooooooo expensive.

MilaMae Thu 09-Jul-09 14:42:27

Oh yes I forgot the playground it's lovely, think only Toys R Us sells it though.

Takver Thu 09-Jul-09 18:34:20

I would second looking on ebay, we have got lots of bits & pieces quite reasonably. DD tends to use her playmobil (mostly animals) in combination with her lego & other things - so she will make a farm out of lego for the animals for example, or she will make a bed out of a cardboard box for a sick animal.

DamonBradleylovesPippi Fri 10-Jul-09 19:46:51

yes we mix and match too here: playmobil and peppa pig and fifi and hand made.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now