Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

So it'll be a P&T after all. But a dash or a vibe?

(13 Posts)
misscreosote Wed 08-Jul-09 13:24:38

Have finally decided that the only practical solution for a double buggy for my 1month old and 22 month old is a Phil and Teds - after starting off adamant that they wouldn't suit me. But I'm fed up with my maclaren not fitting through my door and its a pita to push, and I like the idea of a cacoon for toddler groups etc.

So the question is, what kind? The vibe looks good in that the seats look a bit bigger (my DD1 is quite tall for her age), and the brake looks a better design etc. But the Dash looks pretty much the same, just cheaper and narrower. Can't see any reviews of it though, and they don't stock it anywhere near to me...

Does anyone have the Dash? Any thoughts on it? Help, before I go double buggy crazy!

Thanks smile

FanjolinaJolie Wed 08-Jul-09 18:05:53

Have heard negative reports about the Dash. You could try Dooyoo or some of the review sites to see what's being said.

I like the look of the Vibe, but they are pricey. But the age of your children you'd get a lot of use from it.

I had a Sport and it was brill. Material not very hard-wearing but OK if you look after it. Vibe material is much better plus the harness is much improved than on the Sport, too.

misscreosote Wed 08-Jul-09 20:23:08

Had another look at the sites, but still can't find any reviews. Was there anything specific you heard fanjolina, or just a general 'naaah'?

FanjolinaJolie Thu 09-Jul-09 12:58:44

It was specific, think it was the handle or bumper bar from memory. Some part was repeatedly breaking and being replaced under the warranty.

The design is unbeatable in my experience.

LackaDAISYcal Thu 09-Jul-09 13:12:37

I read same about the dash...mostly on American sites. the handle keeps breaking and needing to be replaced.

P&T workmanship is a bit hit and miss overall though; although i love my sport, I'm on my third seat unit in 8 months and second hood and toddler seat due to the fabric coming apart at the seams. They seem happy to keep replacing the bits ad infinitum though hmm

People i know with the vibe say the brake on the handle is a PITA as it is too easy to put it on accidentally.

Obaby are doing a twin that is the same design as the P&T now ie interchangeable toddler seat....not sure what that is like, but it is heaps cheaper but seems comparable to the vibe. If it had been around when I got my sport I would probably have opted for it, as although I love the concept of the P&T, I have been put off by the issues we have had with ours.

Scorps Thu 09-Jul-09 13:16:43

I would get a Sport. Vibes are chunkier and heavier.

wwwbabygudscouk Thu 09-Jul-09 15:32:35

The Vibe is quite a bit bigger than the sport but the new Dash seems a good compromise between the two. It is the size of the sport but with a hard wearing rip proof fabric and a plastic foot rest similar to the vibe. We have not had any issues so far the brakes on either the Vibe or the Dash so can't comment on the negative reviews on that. For the small difference in price I would go for the Dash.

misscreosote Thu 09-Jul-09 16:06:57

Thanks for the feedback - have looked at the obaby one, but its 4.5kg heavier than the vibe, and the reviews seem to suggest slightly wobbly workmanship as well, so I guess you can't win (although at least you aren't paying as much for it).

So long as I buy the dash from a good shop, so I can use the warranty, it seems like a good compromise.

Only other thing I've read, is that the seat size is bigger on the vibe than the dash. My (nearly) 2 year old is pretty slim, but very tall for her age, so if the vibe would give her more headroom then that might be a factor... ?

Darn, wish I'd sorted this out before I'd actually had the baby, then it would be easier to make a trip to go and try the buggies out rather than guess from online piccies!

wwwbabygudscouk Thu 09-Jul-09 16:15:46

If you are based anywhere in near Manchester my shop has all 3 models on display for you to compare?

mogs0 Thu 09-Jul-09 19:20:30

My ds is nearly 7 and easily fits in the sport. He wanted to test it out when it arrived!! Also, he got a lift half way home from school in the back seat last week and wasn't too squashed!!!

bojangles Thu 09-Jul-09 19:54:59

I have a dash and am v happy with it. I sold on older version of the P&T when DS was a baby as you couldn't recline either seat in double mode. I like the way you can unzip the bottom seat to recline it a bit - it is fine for DD (age 7 months. I went for the dash as it had more seat padding and a plasctic footrest bit which I thought was better than the sport model. Didn't look at the vibe though as thought it was too expensive. Got mine from practical pushchairs and v happy with service and price.

Balamorybaby Thu 09-Jul-09 20:42:04

I've just bought a P&T Vibe. I did consider the P&T Dash but the reviews I read re the issues with the handlebars put me off tbh.

Anyway, I love my P&T Vibe.

I use it for my 5month old DT's and also sometimes use it for DS2 (2.10 yr) and one DT (and then I carry the other DT in a sling).

I love the way it folds with the doubles seat in place ((it saves me alot of faffing around re: storing/attatching/detatching seat))

The brake is so much easier to use than the foot brake on the sport model - although I do see what they mean about knocking it accidentally on the Vibe - I don't hold the handle in the middle though, always position my hand off to one side so it's not a problem.

The sun visor on the Vibe is great, fully moveable up/down the chassis and because it isn't attatched to the seat back it can be positioned fully forward to completely block out the sun from the LO.

IMO The best thing to do is work out what is/isn't important for you (ie, would you prefer a hand or foot brake, will you find it a pain removing the doubles seat, etc) and then make your decision based on that.

Good Luck!

Washersaurus Thu 09-Jul-09 20:57:31

I don't know much about the newer models, but thought the Sport was bigger than the Vibe - the back seat at least? The ones I have seen definitely look smaller than our Sport in comparison.

I can vouch that the fabric is not very hard wearing on the sport model - is it the same on the dash?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now