Talk

Advanced search

recaro young expert / isofix

(14 Posts)
roosmum Tue 17-May-05 21:47:59

does anyone have one of these seats?? i'm looking at it as a replacement for ds's travel system carseat. that or a seat with isofix (britax i think) .... anyone using either of these?? i'm after the safest seat primarily, tho the recaro looks great & v. comfy (more so than britax i think)
feedback wd be much appreciated

Hulababy Tue 17-May-05 21:52:17

WE haven't got the recaro, but both our car seats are Isofix for DD - for the afety aspect.

We have a Britax Duo isofix - which is 9 months - 4 years. Very easy to put in, very safe, has great reviews on car safety info.

We also now have a Jane isofix chair (name of which escapes me!). It says from 9 months, but uses a normal car seat not a 5 point harness, so we didn;'t use this until DD was about 2.5/3yo. That is a bit more fiddly to start with to ut in - we have the nack now! Again, seems so much more safe that a normal booster chair.

Definitely recommend Isofix. Paying that bot extra for the safety is worth if IMO (if you can).

Yorkiegirl Tue 17-May-05 21:52:38

Message withdrawn

roosmum Tue 17-May-05 22:03:30

wow ladies, that\was superfast!!
thanks!
my only thing with the britax seats compared with recaro is that they seem really hard & have little padding compared with recaro...just doesn't seem as comfy?? but i need SAFE for sure...
?

Yorkiegirl Tue 17-May-05 22:04:24

Message withdrawn

roosmum Tue 17-May-05 22:10:44

i guess so....but that recaro is the sofa-version of a carseat i think, it's that padded!! but well pricey at £180
can find isofix a bit cheaper i think.

Hulababy Tue 17-May-05 22:13:36

We have the Britax and it is very comfy, according to DD!

The Britax is £180 (we got it for £150 from an independent store - friend of a friend)

The Jane is approx £100 (again we got it from the friend of a friend, for £80)

We dd like the look of the recaro I remember, but can't remember if it was a 5 point harness. What age is your DS? If a lot less than 3yo then I really would recommend the seat that has a 5 point harness TBH.

roosmum Tue 17-May-05 22:17:29

oh yes, ds is lickle, jusyt 3.5 mths, but already over 17lbs & looking squashed in his supposedly up to 1 yr carseat! so guessing that he has a couple more months in it & then time for something bigger.
xxx

Hulababy Tue 17-May-05 22:19:11

I know you say your little one is big, but before he goes in a next stage car seat he must also have relly good back strength too - the bility to be able to sit unaided for lengthy periods of time is as important as his weight.

Becuase he will be so young, he really does need a 5 point harness.

WigWamBam Tue 17-May-05 22:48:33

We have a Recaro seat (Start, I think it's called) for our dd, and it's superb. It's comfy, well constructed, and Recaro are one of the safest seats on the market.

roosmum Wed 18-May-05 11:39:36

thanks HB & WWB, didn't realise that the sitting up bit was as impt as weight...he'll be in his current seat for a while longer i guess...am also hoping that the mad fast weight gain eases off a bit soon (tho he's fully breastfed, so i hv faith that he's the weight he's supposed to be ).
WWB - the recaro seats look gorgeous don't they?? & v. glad to hear that the safety matches up too (though they did but wasn't sure...)
xxx

Hulababy Mon 06-Jun-05 09:16:53

WWB - is the recaro start an isofix seat. DH is interested for his car. But not found it on net yet.

Kittypickle Mon 06-Jun-05 09:24:53

Can't help on the isofix issue, but DD (6) is in the Recaro Start as I felt she was much too light to be safe in a booster seat and DS (20 months) is in a Britax first class, as I want him to have the 5 point harness. To me there is absolutely no comparison in terms of comfort, the Recaro is way ahead (and now I'm feeling guilty about DS !)

Hulababy Mon 06-Jun-05 09:26:41

Thanks. DH does like the way the recaro looks, but I would really prefer an isofix car seat. But not sure if the recaro is, doesn't look like from the web though.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: