Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone got a Skoda Roomster?

(7 Posts)
twofalls Wed 08-Jul-09 07:32:57

We currently have a Ford Focus but it needs a lot of work so we are going to trade it in. I want something economical and spacious without being huge. The only thing that puts me off them is that they are a bit ugly!

Anyone got one?

They were testing one on Top Gear last Sunday and Clarkson was saying good things about it.

twofalls Wed 08-Jul-09 08:02:29

Really? Thanks, will go and look to see what he has to say.

HecatesTwopenceworth Wed 08-Jul-09 08:05:27

Yes. I've got one. petrol. automatic. 1.6

I love it.

I don't think it's ugly at all.

It's certainly reliable, spacious - I love the legroom!

And for a 1.6 with a quite big body AND being an automatic, it's got a surprising amount of power - far better than the zafira we used to have. That one really struggled up hills, or with a car full. My lovely skoda has no such problems.

HecatesTwopenceworth Wed 08-Jul-09 08:08:36

I tell you what else i like - the back passenger windows are HUGE, and it's really good when you are on a funny bend, because you can see through them clearly and gives you better view to see if anything's coming!

oh and the zafira had a terrible blind spot - you know that safety bar thing down the side of the windscreen? it totally blocked your vision! A few times I nearly had an accident, because it was blocking a whole car! shock. But the skoda has a clearer view.

And the seats are very adjustable.

And I shall stop now, cos I sound like an ad! grin

twofalls Wed 08-Jul-09 08:18:25

thank you, have to say I was impressed when I sat in and just looking at Clarkson's review - he was really impressed too.

And I expect the look would grow on me grin

Mistymoo Wed 08-Jul-09 08:25:02

We had one as a courtesy car when our Octavia was getting fixed. It was obviously not as comfy as the Octavia but seemed a very nice roomy small car. I do agree that they do not look nice!!

My dh was in a VW Passatt the other day and he said it looked just like our Octavia inside. What I'm trying to say is that Skoda's are just cheaper (money wise) VWs. I think Skodas are good value for money.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now