Talk

Advanced search

Old-fashioned school desk style

(7 Posts)
PrettyCandles Tue 07-Jul-09 22:37:00

I want a desk for dd with a lid that lifts up, like the desks we used to use at school. It doesn't have to look like one, but OTOH I don't want it to like a Disney Princess or other branded junk. ToysRUs used to do this sort of thing, but not any longer.

Any ideas?

iheartdusty Tue 07-Jul-09 22:39:01

I found several on ebay when I looked, a year or so ago.

I think they do come from schools, down the line as it were.

mrsmaidamess Tue 07-Jul-09 22:39:50

Yes ebay sell them but they are usually covered in scribble from real school children!

Tinker Tue 07-Jul-09 22:42:15

Do you want a new or second hand one? I've got an old one that I think we're going to get rid off soon.

Merrylegs Tue 07-Jul-09 22:42:23

Whereabouts are you?

Jux Tue 07-Jul-09 22:44:07

I've got a lovely double one but I'm keeping it.

I got it from a market stall (we do live near a town famed for its antiques). Try house clearance sales and auctions too. Antique shops and reclamation places.

PrettyCandles Wed 08-Jul-09 14:34:15

I'm near Reading.

I had a glance at ebay (thanks - never occurred to me!) and managed to have a little look around before my computer crashed. I think that I don't want a real school desk, or if I do get one I'll strip it and paint it. So no precious antiques! OTOH not bothered whether new or used. It needs to be a stand-alone without an attached bench, and would have to be a single. Sloping desk would be nice.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now