Talk

Advanced search

where would you buy a freezer (online)?

(16 Posts)
EyePeam Mon 06-Jul-09 17:11:23

looking for a new upright freezer - any good or bad experiences of Curries / Comet / anywhere else?

I am a bit of a John Lewis fan but they don't have a lot of choice. However I do trust them, know they are reliable at delivery and they throw in good free guarantees. Should I stick with them or can anyone recommend somewhere else please?

Thanks!

bran Mon 06-Jul-09 17:14:57

I was going to say John Lewis. If they don't have what you want online then you could always phone your nearest store and they will put you through to someone in that department and you can tell them your requirements.

Buyers and Sellers are supposed to be good, but I haven't used them myself.

Simples Mon 06-Jul-09 17:17:37

Jl

kazbeth Mon 06-Jul-09 17:21:12

I bought mine from sainsburys .. was the cheapest place for the one we wanted. Service was pretty good.

Fimbo Mon 06-Jul-09 17:23:09

Don't use Laskeys. We were all set to get our new washing machine from there. Get a phone call on day of delivery at 7.20am to say it had not been loaded on the van by the logistics company.

Laskeys btw is the internet trading arm of Comet. When dh phoned them to complain they said it happens apparently when the picker can't get to the particular appliance with the fork lift truck in the warehouse.

Go local or with John Lewis. Went with our local company in the end and everything went smoothly, but I was without a washing machine for a fortnight because of the hassle with Laskeys.

Fimbo Mon 06-Jul-09 17:23:47

Someone else I know bought through Asda and had the same problem as we did.

Dazmum Mon 06-Jul-09 17:29:51

Have had two freezers and several other appliances from Comet, very reliable service and nice polite delivery men!

I also used this link http://www.myvouchercodes.co.uk/discounts/comet.co.uk#discounts
(sorry don't know how to do a proper link) as recommended on Mumsnet and got £70 off last week - the discount voucher worked!

EyePeam Mon 06-Jul-09 17:30:58

many thanks - sounds like it might be John Lewis ... in which case, would you spend extra (£120 extra!) to have a freezer with a frost free option? I loathe defrosting but that seems like quite a bit extra to pay for not having to do it .... any views?

thanks again.

HerHonesty Mon 06-Jul-09 18:07:04

sainsburys online have been good, plus you get nectar points

blowbroth Mon 06-Jul-09 18:26:41

Agree with dazmum, comet were reliable and friendly delivery guys. Very helpful.

Polgara2 Mon 06-Jul-09 18:30:51

we bought ours from boots online actually, and price and service were excellent!

Mercy Mon 06-Jul-09 18:45:54

Normally I would recommend JL all the way (all our white goods were bought there)

But their stock has become more limited and we ended up with a fridge (after our first one from there finally died) which wasn't as good as the original one (and in fact the 2nd one had to be replaced as it burnt out in less than a month)

That meant we were without a fridge for about a month in total.

Dazmum Mon 06-Jul-09 20:09:25

Frost free is worth every penny I think, but £120 seems a lot though!

Comet's clearance auctions.

throckenholt Wed 08-Jul-09 11:56:01

coop - we have bought appliances from them - good value and good delivery service

EyePeam Wed 08-Jul-09 22:31:14

thanks for all the suggestions, i said feckit and went with JL in the end ... hard habit to break.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now