Talk

Advanced search

Audi A4... does it fit 3 carseats in the back?

(18 Posts)
PinkTulips Mon 06-Jul-09 10:00:20

seen one going for a great price but it's too far to view unless i'm fairly sure it would suit.

we need to squeeze 2 highback boosters and a big forward facing seat into the back... has anyone managed this?

amazonianwoman Mon 06-Jul-09 11:16:43

No, in a word.

Mine is a 2002 model (newer model might be slightly bigger, but not much)

I have a forward facing Maxi Cosi priori xp and a Britax Evolva 123 highback booster. I can't even squeeze a low back booster in between. I really don't think it would accommodate your seats sad

kando Mon 06-Jul-09 11:28:45

Afraid not - an A6 doesn't fit three carseats in the back either. sad

PinkTulips Mon 06-Jul-09 12:03:44

bugger... the search continues for the mythical beast that is a cheap family grin

thanks amazonian and kando

amazonianwoman Mon 06-Jul-09 17:34:10

Renault Scenic? Ford S-Max? VW Touran? They all have 3 proper seats in the rear.

thisisyesterday Mon 06-Jul-09 17:37:03

depends on the car seats though. the evolva 1-2-3 is particularly wide for example.

you can get 3 across the back of an audi estate, cos we tried.

however, we went for the volvo v70 which fits our 3 across fine.
(that's an infant carrier, a 9m-4yrs forward facing one and a highback booster)

bronze Mon 06-Jul-09 17:39:46

depends on the car seats

we have an a4 and have had a babt seat, a 9m+ and a high back booster in it. We now have a baby seat and two high back boosters

MaybeAfterBreakfast Mon 06-Jul-09 17:45:57

We couldn't in our old A6 (2002 model, so maybe they're slightly wider now).

PinkTulips Mon 06-Jul-09 18:06:15

really bronze? what year a4 is it?

we have a britax evolva, a graco high back booster and it's a britax eclipse we'll need to ram in there in a couple of months once ds2 is out of his rear facing one.... although he could go in the evolva and we'd buy another high back booster for ds1 if we thought it would help squeeze them in.

there's a KIA Carens going cheap too which is tempting as i'd not have to knuckle graze to belt them in anymore.

amazonian.. my cousin has a scenic and it gives him serious grief so that's put me off, i can't afford a secondhand s-max as they're recent enough and still have quite high resale prices, ditto for the touran.

gomez Mon 06-Jul-09 18:09:57

Couldn't manage in DH's A4 but could in his dad's which was older.

We did manage 3 in my V70 but had to use a Britax rather than Maxi-cosi - and knuckle grazing was required.

HTH

bronze Mon 06-Jul-09 18:30:39

avant

I've managed to squeeze three seats in the back of much small cars too such as a peugeot 206
It might help that the boosters and forward facing seats are in permanently and we have a isofix base for the baby seat (britax) so we can just clip it in. No knuckle grazing that way

Our only problem is we now have four children so can't go out as a family anyway

bettybeetroot Mon 06-Jul-09 22:59:03

we had an a4 avant and and got rid of it pretty quickly as it was incredibly cramped -we have 2 dc's. personally i wouldn't recommend it as a family car if you have a choice and you want comfort. there is hardly any leg room in the back which i hated as my youngest dc's feet were against the back of the front seat. we changed it for the a6 which is loads more spacious - the passat estate is very similar in size to the a6 but a lot cheaper.

amazonianwoman Mon 06-Jul-09 23:32:42

Agree with bettybeetroot - I wouldn't really class it as a spacious family car. Mine is my ex-company car, but would never buy another for a family. Lovely car, just too cramped in the back.

We also have a Passat saloon which has lots more room (but still a struggle to fit the Maxi Cosi + Britax Evolva + low booster in the middle hmm)

hmc Mon 06-Jul-09 23:39:01

I wouldn't imagine so. It's a bit of a squeeze in my Audi Q5 which is wider than the A4

amazonianwoman Tue 07-Jul-09 08:57:25

Citroen Picasso?

lilymolly Tue 07-Jul-09 09:00:39

no not in an 08 A4 avant quattro either.

lilymolly Tue 07-Jul-09 09:00:43

no not in an 08 A4 avant quattro either.

PinkTulips Tue 07-Jul-09 11:25:10

never see any cheap picasso's either... we were hoping to avoid buying a bus as the tax alone is prohibitive over here... although i am lusting over that kia carens going for 6500 euros blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now