Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Cheapest place to buy buggy boards please!

(11 Posts)
oliveoil Tue 17-May-05 12:36:54

I am in danger of doing myself an injury with by double buggy and want a buggy board for dd1 to hop on.

What is the best one for a McClaren stroller, think it is a Triumph.

I have seen them in JojoMaman for about £40. Gulp.

sassy Tue 17-May-05 13:10:43

Where are you olive? I might have one to sell

Newbarnsleygirl Tue 17-May-05 13:12:26

I want one too so if you know anyone else that has one....

I have a Quinny Freestyle.

Sorry for Hi-jack

sassy Tue 17-May-05 13:34:04

yeah, soddit, I'll sell the thing. Dd never took to it anyway, use the double buggy 9xout of 10 and she should be walking really by now.
Cost £50,sell for £30?
I'm in West Mids BTW. Would need to be a collect arrangement; not really practical to post.
I'll leave this for you ladies to see and put on Sale board tomorrow.

miranda2 Tue 17-May-05 14:08:30

They are about £37 on the kiddycare.com website, that's where i got one last month. mind you, i have to say I'm not very impressed! I got it because ds1 was dead keen and i wanted to avoid jealousy as much as poss - but he's hardly using it, prefers walking and the thing is a pain in the neck - the arrangement to hook it up doesn't work (keeps coming unhooked and bashing your shins) so you have to take it off and put it in the basket underneath, and walking with it on is really hard. Might sell it in a few weeks if ds persists in not using it (not that any of you will want to buy it now!!). Also, the fitting instructions are the worst in history. Be aware of what buggy it has previously been fitted to if you buy secondhand, as you have to cut the straps to fit the upright tubes so you need to know that your uprights are the same or smaller diameter than the buggy it was previously fitted to.

oliveoil Tue 17-May-05 14:11:00

sassy - I am in Mcr/Oldham so not nearby, thanks anyway x.

Miranda - I have just looked on that site and quite fancied the frog one, should I not bother?

My back is breaking with pushing the damn double - dd1 is about 2.5 stone, dd2 is 23lb plus the weight of the buggy .

She like walking but it takes a-g-e-s to get anywhere.

TinyGang Tue 17-May-05 14:12:14

Ebay?

miranda2 Tue 17-May-05 14:16:26

I don't know - how old is your eldest and what sort of walks do you do? My ds1 is a couple of months off 4, so perhaps a bit old for it, and we are mainly just walking to and from nursery so not far - for longer walks we'll be using hte off-roader which doesnt' fit hte buggyboard anyway. I can imagine it could come in very useful for long shopping trips round town when the elder gets tired and doesn't want to walk, and it does mean you can insist on the elder getting on it if you are getting fed up with the speed. They are the reasons I bought it. It is just a real pain that the hooking up mechanism doesn't actually work - dh is already planning on aralditing a bigger hook on, or coming up with a complex arrangement of strings to actually keep the thing hooked up when not needed!

oliveoil Tue 17-May-05 14:21:52

She is 2 and a half and at the mo we go to the park/Asda/toddler groups etc. I don't mind walking to Asda as it is local but the park takes about 45 mins if she walks, and the toddler group would be over by the time we got there!

Tinygang - I looked on there but I haven't used ebay before and am a bit wary (technophobe alert).

TinyGang Tue 17-May-05 14:29:52

Completely understand Oliveoil

If you'd consider secondhand, I notice they are frequently being sold in local papers like Freeads etc; might be worth a look if you have a local paper like that. My Buggyboard has been very hardwearing; I'm sure many second hand ones must still have many more miles left in them.

clary Tue 17-May-05 14:37:38

Miranda, we had no probs with the hooking up thingy and loved using ours, but it’s certainly horses for courses, not everyone likes em. Olive oil does anyone have a buggy with one you could try out, even if just for a half hour or so?
Mine used it until they were about 3.5 but much older than that and I personally think a) they can walk b) they are too heavy to push! DS1 certainly was!
We loved ours so much we bought a second one to fit the new pushchair (new style fits 3-wheelers). In fact we sold it through the paper the other day, cost £45, sold it for £20, it was in mint condition. A friend who does a lot of NCT sales says she has never seen one at a sale. Could have sold it 3 times over.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now