Talk

Advanced search

I need a double buggy - Help!

(11 Posts)
SparkleandShine Sun 05-Jul-09 22:03:48

quick question for any of you with double buggys - have realised I need one for a few months (am actually kicking self for not realising is sooner - anyway)

My inclination was to buy a twin maclaren stroller (cheap, easy and lightish) but looking at Mumsnet recommends :

out and about nipper
mountain buggy as the top two

If my requirements are as follows what would you do/buy:

20lb baby and 3.5 yr old biggish toddler. Side by side buggy - but is this necessary?.

Good to push and steer as this is for the benefit of me exercising(!) so want to be able to walk easily with it.

Don't instinctively want anything very big and heavy as may want to put it in the car boot occasionally, but mostly to walk out of the house with and can put it in the garage, so size probably not too much of an issue.

Not short of money but don't want to spend huge amounts-this will probably be a second hand buy and will sell on towards the end of the year as DS1 gets older. Will only buy new if I can get a good second hand value.

This is a short term fix buggy

Any ideas? Thanks in advance

SparkleandShine Sun 05-Jul-09 22:05:19

ps DS2 is 5months old and doesn't need to be flat!

SazzlesA Sun 05-Jul-09 22:06:45

Message withdrawn

PacificDogwood Sun 05-Jul-09 22:09:36

Out'n'About Double Nipper is fab!
Fits through most doorways, can be manoeuvered easily and is not very heavy which was important for me as I had to lift it in and out of car frequently. DSs 1 and 2 loved sitting next to each other although at times they did fight...
Mountain Buggy is built like a tank: v sturdy and therefore heavy. I think if you live in the country or plan to do a lot of walking on bumpy tracks it would probably serve you better.
For semi-rural/suburban me the Out'n'About was just the ticket.
I found double buggies in which kids sit behind each other impossible to get up kerbs.

Go and do some test drives and then buy off Ebay wink

thisisyesterday Sun 05-Jul-09 22:11:04

mountain buggy is bloody fab. BUT won't fit in your boot unless you have a very big boot. it JUST went into my old-style renault scenic, and it goes into a volvo v70 fine (big estate)

SazzlesA Sun 05-Jul-09 22:12:15

Message withdrawn

weddingcake Sun 05-Jul-09 22:23:56

Easy Walker Duo Sky is very similar to a mountain buggy but a bit cheaper - I love mine!

mogs0 Sun 05-Jul-09 23:45:41

For a cheap-ish, short-term fix I'd recommend the Urban Detour double from Mothercare or 2nd hand off ebay. It's the best one I've used (and I've used a ridiculous amount!!).

SparkleandShine Mon 06-Jul-09 07:40:39

Thanks for all the responses....

I think the mountain buggy is probably out as have a ford focus and it would irritate me not to be able to get it in the boot!! (even though am unlikely to take it in the car more than once!)

Any more opinions gratefully received

wwwbabygudscouk Fri 10-Jul-09 10:55:02

For side by side the Baby Jogger City mini twin is fab we have had great reviews for this and it is by far our best selling twin!

FrogmellaMoonbeam Fri 10-Jul-09 11:05:30

We have used the We2 Combi for DS 21months and DD 14weeks and to be honest have found it to be the best thought out pushchair we have used. It is very light folds up really small and easily is really easy to push. The only reason we arent getting the single version for DD is because we will be going on holiday soon and want something eith bigger wheels for beach/grass walking.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now