Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

New Look jeans - Label says do not tumble ...... but can I ?

(15 Posts)
Kayleigh Tue 17-May-05 10:09:50

I have a pair of New Look jeans. The washing instructions on these say do not tumble - but I have always tumble dried jeans.

Should I or shouldn't I ????

serenity Tue 17-May-05 10:14:42

Were they cheap enough that if they shrink/fall apart you'd be able to write it off to experience without crying??!

smellymelly Tue 17-May-05 10:16:42

I do... if you are worried just do them on a cool setting.

Serenity - I hardly think £30 is cheap!!!!

JoolsToo Tue 17-May-05 10:21:16

where does it say £30?

serenity Tue 17-May-05 10:21:42

Where does it says £30??? Why would I say that was cheap?

<<ruddy invisible MN writing>>

Kayleigh Tue 17-May-05 10:27:47

Actually they were only £15. Cheapest jeans I have ever bought, and a really good fit too. So while it wouldn't be the end of the world, I'd prefer it if they didn't shrink - especially length wise.

lima Tue 17-May-05 10:29:17

if you are worried about shrinkage, err on the safe side and do not tumble dry.

fastasleep Tue 17-May-05 10:30:38

My MIL tumbles everything..... if I stay there I always think I've put weight on...she could shrink a battleship that woman!

serenity Tue 17-May-05 10:31:00

Why not part dry them in the dryer and let them finish off over the line/back of chair/shower rail?

TBH though I'd just bung them in the dryer, I only use the cool setting anyway.

SaintGeorge Tue 17-May-05 10:31:05

I tumble dry jeans on full heat but take them out every now and then and stretch the legs. The one and only time I forgot to do it, the jeans shrank.

smellymelly Tue 17-May-05 10:57:33

Sorry I read your post wrong serenity, I know New Look jeans cost about that, and I thought you were saying that she could write that off as experience..

I went shopping a couple of weeks back (tied to house with twins!!) and I was amazed at how expensive everything was.. I am buying a lot of my stuff on ebay these days!!

Sorry....

Enid Tue 17-May-05 10:59:45

I tumbled mine!

And they did shrink lengthwise but I had bought the 34 inch as I knew they would.

serenity Tue 17-May-05 12:36:21

S'OK SM

If I ruined something that cost that much I would be crying.

advocateofthedevil Tue 17-May-05 12:38:54

dry them normally and then put them in the tumble drier for the 10 minute cool down bit at the end of the cycle. takes the crunchiness out of them but there's no heat to shrink them.

Kayleigh Tue 17-May-05 16:48:03

thanks ladies - dried them on the radiator with a couple of "leg pulls" and did last 10 mins in tumble. Perfect.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now