Talk

Advanced search

ARRRRRRGGG - Help me with this MOBY wrap business - am going crazy!!!!!

(24 Posts)
NotSoRampantRabbit Sat 04-Jul-09 20:48:14

DD is 3 weeks - wants to be held ALL the time. Bought wrap. She will not settle in it and I NEED her to. Have 4 year old losing it because I'm with dd all the time.

It feels too tight round body but head bobbling about and she is just fidgeting and hating it.

Have just shouted at wrap!

HELP.

CMOTdibbler Sat 04-Jul-09 21:10:13

Try Youtube for some really good videos that make it a bit easier to see what to do

This is a useful and enjoyable instruction on a carry for a tiny :hunk wrap

misdee Sat 04-Jul-09 21:13:27

love the hunk wrap.

dd4 didnt like the laying down position. she prefers what i think moby call the kangeroo carry, but also know as a forward wrap cross carry

NotSoRampantRabbit Sat 04-Jul-09 21:26:43

Oh hunk wrap is lovely and has at least brought smile to visog.

Have been trying to put her in the "pocket" of the inner 'bit' (can you tell I'm a novice) - but just doesn't seem happy with it. I find it comfortable but don't feel that her head is properly supported and therefore she can't relax and neither can I.

Got to find a way to make it work...

She likes to be upright (a bit of a windy thing) so not sure what she would make of hunk wrap but worth a try.

How tight should it be????

NotSoRampantRabbit Sat 04-Jul-09 21:28:58

BTW I shouted:

"You useless piece of hippy crap" at wrap before flinging it violently into cupboard under stairs.

blush

Will get it out in a bit and make friends with it. Tell it I was wrong to shout at it but that it's behaviour was not acceptable.

smile

Am sleep deprived and hormonal!

NotSoRampantRabbit Sat 04-Jul-09 21:29:22

...its

littlelamb Sat 04-Jul-09 21:31:54

It needs to be much tighter than you think it should be. Stretch it round yourself and pull it tight.

Metatron Sat 04-Jul-09 21:33:25

you can tighten it up to suit once shes in.

NotSoRampantRabbit Sat 04-Jul-09 21:42:50

But if its really tight I find it difficult to sort of "stuff" her in.

Is that where I'm going wrong? The stuffing bit?

Am following booklet but do feel very cack handed....

NotSoRampantRabbit Sat 04-Jul-09 21:44:15

Oh - how do you tighten once in?

Am afraid of her slipping out.

Am really rubbish at this aren't I?

CMOTdibbler Sat 04-Jul-09 21:45:47

Some good videos here too

KirstyJC Sat 04-Jul-09 21:56:39

Hi there - I have a Moby too and it took a while to get the hang of it, but it is worth it!

I agree you need it much tighter than you think, also try and make sure she is quiet when you put her in - I had a devil of a time with a wriggly baby and was so worried about dropping him!

When she is in - the Newborn Hug hold in the booklet would probably be best if she likes upright - you can always tighten the fabric once she's in position. A bit tricky, but can be done - just pull the cross-over bits and chase them around the back / front and then untie the knot, pull it tighter and re-tie. (Best to do this over soft surface but if baby's snugly tucked in then isn't as easy to fall out as you might think!wink.)

The head was always tricky - I didn't start using mine until around 4 months so his head support was quite good, although it did loll about when he was tired. I found I could tuck it in the side bit like in the picture, but it only really stayed there when he was asleep.

How do you put her legs into the cross bits? I put my hand up inside the material and then pull his leg down inside. I think this was the link I saw which was really helpful, although it was for a different wrap it is the same thing. Good luck!

Loopymumsy Sat 04-Jul-09 22:14:29

Message withdrawn

littlelamb Sat 04-Jul-09 22:17:50

Loopy, when I am feeling better can I meet up with you and try out your wrap? I am really happy with our Ergo, but I miss wrapping ds, and I want something pretty, but I don't want to waste money if it's not something I am going to get on with. I loved my Kari Me. ALso <hijacks thread>, do you think there's an age where it just becomes unconfortable to do a front carry no matter what sling you're using? I carried ds on my front this week as it was raining and I can't wear a coat when he's on my back, but my god did it hurt Am I doing it wrong, or are back carries just the way to go from now on?

bronze Sat 04-Jul-09 22:24:09

dc4 also only like the upright position. Tied like hunk (omgoodness I love that clip complate with teeny baby) but with legs either side of the cross piece. when little tuck the head in to one side.

Moby (stretch) is definitely the easiest to learn with

NotSoRampantRabbit Sat 04-Jul-09 22:25:36

thanks for all help and links. Will check them all out in morning.

yime for bed. dd attached so apols for typing.

will noy give up - know is right foe dd if can crack technique.

CherryChoc Sat 04-Jul-09 22:27:07

Do you live anywhere near me (Warwick)? No slingmeet here but I'd be happy to demo if you want.

Loopymumsy Sat 04-Jul-09 22:32:35

Message withdrawn

NotSoRampantRabbit Sat 04-Jul-09 22:34:41

thznks for offer cherrychoc. am south coast tho.

checked out slingmeet and they just had local monthly meet.

Loopymumsy Sat 04-Jul-09 22:43:06

Message withdrawn

Tangle Sat 04-Jul-09 23:32:14

Do you have a baby-shaped toy you could practice with? Before I went near DD with my hug-a-bub I did quite a few trial runs with a teddy bear - arms and legs weren't quite right but it did give me an idea for how tight it needed to be.

You might also find some help through NaturalMamas (or if its any use I'm in Hants)

NotSoRampantRabbit Sun 05-Jul-09 20:06:28

Quick one-handed update:

Retrieved wrap from cupboard under stairs.

Watched videos, tied tighter, walked to shop for Grazia The Observer - Hey Presto - one sleepy baby.

I even managed to hang out washing and cook lunch. Have missed cooking.

Thanks so much for advice and support. Am still cack handed but now willing to persevere.

MN is fab.

Loopymumsy Sun 05-Jul-09 20:56:21

Message withdrawn

CMOTdibbler Sun 05-Jul-09 20:59:24

Yay ! After a few times it will feel so easy you'll wonder how you found it hard.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now