Talk

Advanced search

What age to remove baby set from Tripp Trapp?

(6 Posts)
MomDePlume Sat 04-Jul-09 18:03:01

My DS (21 months) has just started getting really fidgetty in his Tripp Trapp and keeps protesting that he wants to sit in his 'own chair' (ie on one of ours). Trouble is, we've got benches which aren't very easy for him to manage, so I really want to keep him in the Tripp Trapp. I was just wondering whether it was too soon to remove the baby set, and whether it would make a difference. What age did other people remove theirs??

ApuskiDusky Sat 04-Jul-09 18:14:12

My ds is the same age, and we've had the baby set off for about 4 months now. He can climb in and out on his own. I do push him up close to the table to he's sort of jammed in, so he doesn't go walkabout mid-meal, which was my main concern. We do have the 'sit down!' conversation from time to time as he tries to crawl onto the table, but overall he likes the independence of getting himself in and out of it.

theyoungvisiter Sat 04-Jul-09 18:17:08

you can get reins (own brand or generic which cost about £4) for the trip trap which are great. Perhaps that's the solution if you are worried about his safety - then you can slowly lengthen the straps until you are confident he can manage without?

I had the baby set off from about 14-15 months and used reins at first. DS is now 3 and they are still on there, mostly unused, and are a great "incentive" to good behaviour at mealtimes.

amazonianwoman Sun 05-Jul-09 19:31:06

DS was 25 mths

MomDePlume Mon 06-Jul-09 13:33:26

Thanks. I've now taken the baby set off. He seems to be able to cope with it - but he still wants to sit on one of our benches! Sigh.

FanjolinaJolie Tue 07-Jul-09 16:20:53

My dd's were under two, if I remember correctly. They liked to 'climb the stairs' and get up themselves.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now