Talk

Advanced search

HELP - I can't fit 3 car seats in the back of my car

(11 Posts)
dws201 Fri 03-Jul-09 15:25:32

I have an 18 month old who has a fixed chair and have just been down to get 2 more fitted for twins which are due in 3 weeks but we can't fit them all in. I can't move any to the front so am stuck! other than buying a new car does anyone have any advice?

expatinscotland Fri 03-Jul-09 15:26:15

why can't you move one to the front?

that's what we have to do.

Doyouthinktheysaurus Fri 03-Jul-09 15:39:15

If you get the airbag disconnected will you be able to fit one dc in the front then?

throckenholt Fri 03-Jul-09 15:48:53

if you have no airbag (or can get a switch fitted to turn it off) then have one of the baby seats in the front.

I have the same combination as you - and to be honest it doesn't get any easier to fit all three seats across the back (mine are 7 and 6 now) - we ended up going for a bigger car (in our case a vw touran - but even then they are a tight squeeze.

PinkTulips Fri 03-Jul-09 16:08:22

have you tried them in differant orders?

our 3 only fit in in a specific sequence and even then you have to break your hand tying the seatbelts and ds2's seat gets a fair bash from the door.

no idea what we'll do when he needs a bigger seat!

moshie Sat 04-Jul-09 18:57:53

Have you tried a different seat for your 18 month old? Britax tend to be narrow.

Multimac car seats aren't cheap, but possibly cheaper than replacing the car? I haven't used them so can not recommend them. You would need to do your own research on their suitability.

DesperateHousewifeToo Sun 05-Jul-09 22:27:38

Never heard of multimac seats before.

What a great idea!

Interesting to know if anyone has used them and what they think.

thisisyesterday Sun 05-Jul-09 22:55:41

apparently the multimac seats are very safe.
they're swedish i believe, and as we know in sweden they are very, very big on in-car safety for kids.

sazm Mon 06-Jul-09 01:09:17

we have had our 3 seats in a variety of cars (including a 3 door corsa)
have you tried putting your 18m old in the middle and the baby seats at either side?

shubiedoo Mon 06-Jul-09 02:32:25

Another "skinny seat" is the Sunshine Kids Radian, we have it in the middle of our Corolla for 2 year old ds. It's great.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now