Talk

Advanced search

DD just had accident in her low chair - any out there with 5 point harness?

(10 Posts)
makedoandmend Fri 03-Jul-09 12:34:52

I went to the loo and could hear her crying and it was like an odd newborn cry (she's seven months) it took me a minute to register that it wasn't her just being mithery or trying out new sounds. When I got to her she was in her low seat hanging upside down by her tummy (I'd fastened her in). She's obviously lunged forward and got stuck (why do they wait until you're out the room before doing something THEY'VE NEVER DONE BEFORE! sad) Took me ages to calm her down. Felt just awful but she's fine. However, saw the community nurse while at the docs and she said to get a chair with a five point harness - can anyone recommend one? She loves her chair and I need somewhere to leave her when I go for a wee (she hates her car seat btw so I can't use that.)

moshie Fri 03-Jul-09 17:01:27

I wouldn't leave a baby strapped into anything unattended now that you know she's getting more mobile. Can't you just leave her on the floor when you need the loo?

difficultdecision Fri 03-Jul-09 17:43:06

If it has bit's for the harness to attach to could you not gee a set of reins and use the harness attachment in that ?

We did it with the ikea antilop high chair and it worked a treat - instant 5 point harness and much cheaper than a new chair.

makedoandmend Fri 03-Jul-09 17:57:25

Moshie - she's now rolling all over the place (suddenly started in the last couple of days) so I can't leave her on the floor (and our loo is so tiny I can't take her in there) so I've just gone out and bought her the lightest travel cot I could find so I can plonk her in that for a bit.

difficultdecision - no attachments unfortunately - good idea though.

Baisey Fri 03-Jul-09 18:47:42

The mothercare wooden table and chair which converts into a highchair has the attachment thingies for a set of reins.

Loopymumsy Fri 03-Jul-09 21:31:42

Message withdrawn

cheesesarnie Fri 03-Jul-09 21:36:51

shes obviously grown out of it developmental wise if she can chuck herself out of it.time to baby proof the house!

makedoandmend Fri 03-Jul-09 23:23:46

God we have the most cluttered house you could ever imagine - never really sorted it properly since moving in in the middle of my pregnancy blush. Time for a spring clean and a proper sort out I guess. Operation DD-proof begins this weekend!

CherryChoc Fri 03-Jul-09 23:32:00

What is a low chair? <no advice but curious>

makedoandmend Sat 04-Jul-09 12:44:11

CherryChoc - it's a baby to toddler chair that sits on the floor. Um - I always call it the low chair because otherwise my dh thinks every time I say something like 'put her in the chair for a sec' i obviously mean the high chair (even though she only ever goes in the high chair at mealtimes). He's obsessed with the bloody high chair hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now