Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Magnet Kitchen falling apart.......

(12 Posts)
jojo28 Mon 16-May-05 19:17:35

Help inherited a Magnet kitchen, the whole thing is falling apart, everything coming off, doors drawers etc but the worst is the sink. Today it crashed on to the drawer below screwing up the plumbing (dishwasher). It is one of those dublin sinks so bloody heavy! I am in NW5 London... anyone know a good plumber fix it man? Magnet have been rude and unhelpful, by the way!

jojo28 Mon 16-May-05 19:21:21

Help inherited a Magnet kitchen, the whole thing is falling apart, everything coming off, doors drawers etc but the worst is the sink. Today it crashed on to the drawer below screwing up the plumbing (dishwasher). It is one of those dublin sinks so bloody heavy! I am in NW5 London... anyone know a good plumber fix it man? Magnet have been rude and unhelpful, by the way! Oh great now the water is seeping in to the room below ... hurrah!

ediemcreedie Mon 16-May-05 19:23:05

DO you mean a Belfast sink?

jojo28 Mon 16-May-05 19:33:56

Yes!!!! Haha that's the only laugh i've had all day!! Oh my god, I am officially turning in to my Mother. She once asked for Slam!The Last instead of Wham!The Final...

jojo28 Mon 16-May-05 19:34:46

Please someone help my husband is having a melt down!

hub2dee Tue 17-May-05 00:48:01

Is plumbing damaged leaking ?>

Sounds instead like a decent chippy (my man) could put in ledge bracing to support sink...

The waste plumbing / trap for kitchen /dishwasher is pretty simple.

jojo28 Tue 17-May-05 08:28:03

Could you send me his details hub? Life is grim without a kitchen sink.

hub2dee Tue 17-May-05 08:41:18

Yeah. Can you clarify what's been damaged by Belfast heading South ?

jojo28 Tue 17-May-05 09:07:25

Well... the plumbing below I think is OK it has just been pulled out but the unit is buggered, the whole sink is out, don't think it was ever fitted properly and the unit apart from the frontage is dead.

hub2dee Tue 17-May-05 09:14:02

Have CATed you. You may want to make it 'worth his while' / better value for you, by gathering any other jobs a carpenter could do to make life / house nicer...

He can either rescue existing unit (ask him to bring his biscuit jointer) or rebuild from new wood / mdf or you cna buy in one new cupboard and he could work from there. These sinks are VERY heavy, so need PROPER bracing, even if it doesn't look quite as seamless as you might like... if you're being 'tidy' you might want hardwood detailing inside the cupboard...

hub2dee Tue 17-May-05 09:14:57

May I ask where you are ?

lyndap Tue 17-May-05 09:16:08

I HATE Magnet.
We had AN Awful Time with them when they "fitted" our kitchen. Catalogue of disasters including having no sink and no running water on our ground floor for 7 weeks with an 8 month old baby in the house and the b***ds didn't even connect our dishwasher before leaving us in that state! Sorry, rant over. I see that name and go off on one.
I'm not at all surprised they have been rude and unhelpful and just hope you find someone lovely to come and fix it. Can't reccommend a local plumber as I'm in Scotland.....
Good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now