Talk

Advanced search

Sun Shades for the Car - Best thing ever

(16 Posts)
MumtoCharlieandLola Thu 02-Jul-09 12:34:20

here

I bought these last year for a long car journey and they are fab. You can open the window and leave the sock in place .

They are held down to the sides of your car by velcro.

If I had one criticism, they are a little hard to see your blind spot through, but I use my mirrors alot and I am used to driving dh's van anyway(so obviously I can't see through the back).

fairimum Thu 02-Jul-09 14:04:11

We have these and highly recomned them are fab!

VinegarTits Thu 02-Jul-09 14:08:06

Bit pricey, i paid about £2 for normal ones that stick on the window and they work just as well

fairimum Thu 02-Jul-09 20:23:05

normal ones did nothing in my galaxy as windows way too big, also DD kept pulling them down. With the window sox can open the windows and get air and keep her in the shade (also she cant throw her toys/cup out!!!) - great that on the drive i can keep the windows open if going out again without it being obvious they are open (as you cant see!!)

Honestly one of our best buys!

Gingerbics Thu 02-Jul-09 21:00:51

I agree with Fairmum, loving out windowsox as the sun used to leak in around the normal stick on ones. I'd highly recommend them, worth spending the extra bit of cash.

MumtoCharlieandLola Sat 04-Jul-09 19:46:05

Bumping this for Saturday night crew

shhhh Sun 05-Jul-09 21:28:54

what a fab idea..smile. Will have to invest in a set, out of stock for our car atm...

MumtoCharlieandLola Mon 06-Jul-09 20:32:37

Stick with it, they get the stock back in pretty quick, I think I emailed them about mine and they got it back in quite quickly.

FiveGoMadInDorset Mon 06-Jul-09 20:35:48

They are brilliant, emailed last Monday afternoon as mine were out of stock, he emailed back that night saying theu were being delivered on Tuesday, ordered and paid on Wednesday afternoon, arrived on Thursday morning, DC's are so much more confortabel.

shhhh Tue 07-Jul-09 23:19:20

oh, will do. Thanks x

PerfectPrefect Tue 07-Jul-09 23:23:29

They look fantastic - and I think that they are reasonably priced for what they are. Something similar that i was looking at last year cost around £60shock!

Do they afftect the closing of hte door? And can you/do you leave them on in a car park for example? Do they affect the security of the car?

fairimum Wed 08-Jul-09 13:06:23

don't affect the door closing, or the security of the car at all, i leave mine on most of the time, never had a problem - should take them off in the rain though it says but mine have stayed on and seem fine (take about 30 seconds to put on off if that! are fab )

EyeballsintheSky Wed 08-Jul-09 13:15:08

I ordered some after reading this and they should be on my doorstep now. Am so excited! Just wish I could get them for the front of the car as well

lynniep Wed 08-Jul-09 13:21:33

I agree too - I love the windowsox and well worth the money. The sucker ones are cr*p - I needed two per window and they still didnt keep all the sun out, plus DS would constantly pull them off.

i have never had a problem with them (touch wood) no ones ever tampered with them in a public place, they've never come off, they dont affect the door. The only thing I will say is that they can obstruct your vision a bit if its raining for instance and you are reversing (you can easily take them off, but I'm too lazy!)

I also love the idea you can still open the windows and DS can see out without being able to chuck anything out of there!!

charleymouse Wed 08-Jul-09 13:31:38

Thanks these look great, I always forget I have the sticker ones on and end up winding windows down and chewing up both blinds and window mechanisms. You would think I would have learnt my lesson by the third or fourth time I did it but no. blush

Have just ordered a set. Cheers.

MumtoCharlieandLola Wed 08-Jul-09 21:17:55

ooo, am so pleased that my recommendation is working, perhaps I should contact the company and get a second set for free !

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now