Talk

Advanced search

Thinking about getting a like-a-bike but which one?

(7 Posts)
OrangeKnickers Thu 02-Jul-09 10:52:04

For ds birthday. He has so many toys already I am thinking of asking for donations to a LaB instead of getting a whole new bunch of stuff. Esp considering his favourite toys are cardboard boxes and felt coasters.

Any recommendations? I am looking on out ebay but no luck so far.

cornflakegirl Thu 02-Jul-09 11:40:43

Has he ever tried a likeabike? We did a DIY likeabike for DS' 3rd birthday - bought a bike and took the pedals and stabilisers off. He hated it and refused to use it because it was too wobbly. After a couple of days we gave up and put the pedals and stabilisers back on and he was fine.

OrangeKnickers Thu 02-Jul-09 15:35:08

hummm, no he hasn't. Good point. We'll go somewhere and try them out.

ps are you a Tori fan too?

cornflakegirl Thu 02-Jul-09 16:02:26

My husband is the fan - she's his other woman wink

MadameCastafiore Thu 02-Jul-09 16:05:30

We got this for DS for his 2nd birthday and was fab - is now on its 3rd owner - DS is now 4.5 and has been riding a proper bike without stabilisers for a while - he hated his like a bike (wooden police one)!

The mothercare one is brilliant as you can steer it with the push along handle and it will not let your child free wheel so you take away some of the chance that they could bomb it down a hill and collide with a wall or something!

silverfrog Thu 02-Jul-09 16:11:37

we just got a like a bike for the dds which starts out as a trike, then you progress to a bike.

was quite pricy, but just what we need, hang on will find a link.

here

my thinking is that dd1 can sort out the steering/topping while secure on a trike, then progress to a bike (learn how to deal with the wobbliness) beofre finally going on to a proper bike with pedals.

whether we will ever get that far (bkie with pedals) as dd1 has SN, we will see, but she loves it so far!

OrangeKnickers Fri 03-Jul-09 10:03:33

Thank you for the suggestions! I like the trike that becomes a bike, and the colourful bike-on-a-stick.

The only problem with the expensive options is that then I'll worry about it being nicked when at the park. I guess I could dlock it.......

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now