Talk

Advanced search

Could all frame, above ground pool owners come and talk to me please

(20 Posts)
TrinityRhino Wed 01-Jul-09 22:19:49

[[http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/3681505/Trail/searchtext%3EPOOL.htm we have this pool]

is there any way that we could buy a hard cover for it?

could we heat it?

and what do you buy for taking the leaves and shit out of it?

do we need to add chlorine or something?

we have only had it for three days, total proper pool novices, help grin

TrinityRhino Wed 01-Jul-09 22:20:23

well that link didn't work

try again

TrinityRhino Wed 01-Jul-09 22:25:40

anyone?

TrinityRhino Wed 01-Jul-09 22:28:31

<drowns in scummy, cold pool>

TrinityRhino Wed 01-Jul-09 22:30:52

<sob>

does noone care

<whimper>

TrinityRhino Wed 01-Jul-09 22:32:40

ok I'm going to see how many time I can post before someone talks to me

I wont do it second after second

<grumps>
I recjon everyone is in their own heated, clean pool, just before they put their hard cover on it for the night
grrrr

SuperBunny Wed 01-Jul-09 22:32:54

<watches in horror>

ChippyMinton Wed 01-Jul-09 22:33:15

<waves>
I have that one.

is there any way that we could buy a hard cover for it? tarpaulin style

could we heat it? No idea. We have a cover made of bubble wrap which keeps the warmth in. And the DC sometimes wear wetsuits LOL

and what do you buy for taking the leaves and shit out of it? this

do we need to add chlorine or something? Yes. Go to you local pool/spa shop and get some advice. We have chlorine, algaecide (to stop water going green) and some pH balancer.

SuperBunny Wed 01-Jul-09 22:33:31

<throws in a lifesaver thing>

ChippyMinton Wed 01-Jul-09 22:34:29

Oh and if you are worried about DC climbing in unsupervised, remove the ladder and put on the cover.

Winetimeisfinetime Wed 01-Jul-09 22:39:00

We have an 18ft frame pool, the same type as yours. We phoned these people for advice and they were quite helpful www.poolstore.co.uk/

We use chlorine and an algicide thingy but as yours is a bit smaller you may not need it. I haven't seen a hard cover but we have a soft cover for ours. If you look at the website I have linked to there are covers etc and more importantly some loungers for floating around on the pool in, sipping a long drink.

We actually bought a heater for ours and then found that it would cost about £500 to have it wired in as it needed a separate circuit or somesuch so we never bothered to use it. The water will warm up over the Summer but even if it is cold you soon warm up once you are in.

I'm sure you will really enjoy using it.

TrinityRhino Wed 01-Jul-09 22:40:36

I dont think we have the same one chippy
we dont have a ladder and the cover we have just slips into the pool if you push slightly on it
I'm terrified that gecko will manage to launch herself into it withe cover on which will just fall in with her, wrap around her and rown her

she can stand in it(its up to just below her nipples but I go in with her at all times and keep close)

when she is desperate to get in she runs to it and then holds the side and trys to walk up the side

a couple of months and I reckon she would manage to launch herself in

I wanted to find some kind of hard cover that she could throw herself onto and it wouldn't let through iyswim

I'm more than halfway down a 13.5 percent bottle of wine btw

and I'm a lambrini girl so I apologise for typing, grammar and generalk crazyness

TrinityRhino Wed 01-Jul-09 22:43:01

winetimeisfinetime
thankyou very mush

I saw that site earlier when I tried to google pool heaters but I got confused and turned to mumsnet lol

I will look again when sober

how old are your childern and how do you ensure safety??

Winetimeisfinetime Wed 01-Jul-09 22:49:12

ds`was about 11 when we got it and it has a ladder which we could remove for safety as the water is about 4' 6" or more in ours.

We have had several covers for ours and they all slipped in until we bought a really cheap one last Summer that was so lightweight it didn't fall in but not much help for you trying to stop Gecko getting in. Not sure what will make it safe for you - have a look on the Poolstore website they may have something.

TrinityRhino Wed 01-Jul-09 23:15:41

thankyou winetime
It was hds idea to buy it and I will admit I jumped at the chance but now I'm paranopid]the girls are 9,4 and 2

the nine year old can swim well but the others cant swim but can stand in it

TrinityRhino Wed 01-Jul-09 23:20:10

<jumps in freezing cold pool for attention>

grin

TrinityRhino Thu 02-Jul-09 00:12:10

<sob> I am drunk and pool worrying and noone cares

TrinityRhino Thu 02-Jul-09 00:17:46

<whunges and wines>

TrinityRhino Thu 02-Jul-09 00:18:49

oops I have no idea wgat whunges is
but I know its to do with too much wine grin

TrinityRhino Thu 02-Jul-09 00:32:40

<stamps feet and throws toys out of pram>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now