Talk

Advanced search

Any pram experts out there? Is a Zoom the answer?

(4 Posts)
misscreosote Wed 01-Jul-09 15:23:48

Hello - I am trying to find the best double buggy for me (I don't think it exists, but I'm trying!). I've got a newborn and a relatively tall 22 month old, have currently got an old style Maclaren twin, which is OK, but I find the steering hard going, and baby doesn't seem to find it too comfy.

I would love something that I can have a carrycot with a toddler seat, that is really easy to push (maybe even one handed if such a thing exists, so I can hold the toddlers reins if she wants to walk), and that isn't too wide, so it can actually fit into shops and our house. I mostly use the buggy for childminder runs and up to the local shops, and some longer walks round the park.

I was thinking about a Phil and Teds (Vibe?) but my baby is pretty big already, at 4 weeks, and long, and so have some concerns about how long I'll actually be able to use the lie flat cacoon bit. Also I have to heft a huge bag round with me, and there doesn't seem to be anywhere to hang it on the P&T, and the shopping basket looks tiny.

I saw the Zoom Twin Travel System on the mumsnet reviews www.twinsuk.co.uk/more_details.php?id=100782 - it looks pretty good, but I don't know anywhere near me that has it on the shopfloor for me to have a look. Anyone got it/had it, love it/hate it? Or any other suggestions? (PS assume for now that money is no object, we might have a nice relly who will buy it for us grin)

Many thanks for any help - this is not easy!
Claire

Verity79 Wed 01-Jul-09 22:04:13

I have a First Wheels City Twin 2007 model so no nice metal bits on the seats. It's not the narrowest on the market at 78cm wide (Nipper is 76cmish?) but I can get it on the bus, it has a carry cot (got to buy it extra though) and the seats could face me.

I could push it one handed whilst it was loaded up with shopping - though the baskets are small and completely fill one with rain covers so I got some cheap buggy mesh bags for poundland to fix to back of seats to put r/covers in - the handle bar will take scads of shopping on a pram clip.

Draw backs included the optical illusion of having a carrycot and pushchair next to each other making it look super wide. This meant I had people laugh as I got on bus/liftthrough doors. One lady was particularly rude about it and she had a double umbrella stroller with her. I got the last laugh though her pushchair was bigger than mine grin it wouldn't fit in the space I had just left on the bus. Ha! Also if you strap a screaming toddler in seat make sure they don't break it! DD1 had such a wobbler she snapped part of the seat connectors. This time no tantruming child will be allowed in seats - they will have to walk.....or dragged....

All in all I love this pushchair so much and I am looking forward to using it again, as we are having DC3. DD1 grew out of it by weight at just under 3 but she is a big girl (tall/heavyish) she still had room for extra height though.

mumo75 Thu 02-Jul-09 11:38:22

i rate the m&p duette its fantastic 2 full size seats that will face mum.forward or each other

misscreosote Thu 02-Jul-09 20:06:04

thanks for the ideas, I've also jut discovered the multiples forum, where there are lots of opinions on these types of buggies (doh, don't know why I didn't look there before! blame the sleep deprivation...) smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now