Talk

Advanced search

Dell Inspiron laptop - anyone have one?

(7 Posts)

I'm thinking of getting one of these, any opinions from people who have them?

My current laptop is 4 years old and very slow and running out of memory, etc. So want something a bit quicker/bigger. These seem to have good spec and they look nice!

Flower3545 Wed 01-Jul-09 12:26:11

I have one buts its getting on a bit now, about 4 or 5 years old I think.

I love mine and when it goes to the big laptop heaven I won't hesitate to get a new onesmile

starshaker Wed 01-Jul-09 12:26:44

Fab. my dd smashed the screen on my old dell. I went back to buy a new one and ended up choosing the same laptop as it was still the best 1 there. only thing i would say is buy it from pc world then you dont need to deal with crap dell customer support and you just deal with pc world

ZacharyQuack Wed 01-Jul-09 12:30:22

I'm using a 5 yo Dell, DH has a 3yo and we have 3 others at the office. We also have assorted Dell desktops. Never had any trouble with any of them.

bubblerock Wed 01-Jul-09 12:30:42

I have one and would definitely recommend them. I took out insurance for 3 years (£56) and have had to use it when I pinged one of the keys off and the power supply split (I use it daily) customer support were brilliant, they sent the new parts then rang me to talk me through replacing the keyboard. Go for it & check for any promo codes on HUKD and the Dell outlet for bargains. smile

wilbur Wed 01-Jul-09 12:33:06

I have had two and they are v good. I would say though, I notice that my new one, which is faster and bigger memory than the old one, but not the top of the range, has very crappy speakers, very tinny. The old one, slower but at the time it was their top of the range, had MUCH better speakers. I would ask them about this as it is annoying.

Sounds good, I would definetly get one from PC World. I've been in there eyeing them up. Thanks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now