Talk

Advanced search

Quinny for £50 for 3 year old DS - would you if you were breaking your back?

(19 Posts)
hereidrawtheline Wed 01-Jul-09 12:22:49

I found this for sale locally, its used. A bluey/teal colour. I have a pliko I am still pushing DS in and it is so bloody heavy with him in it and the steering isnt very smooth at all, the wheels lock up randomly sometimes when I am crossing roads! It is killing me. So is £50 for a quinny the best I am gonna get? That is the most I can pay atm.

hereidrawtheline Wed 01-Jul-09 12:46:36

pitiful hot bump

Disenchanted3 Wed 01-Jul-09 12:47:14

is it a zapp or buzz?

hereidrawtheline Wed 01-Jul-09 12:48:23

sorry, its a zapp

Disenchanted3 Wed 01-Jul-09 12:51:13

£50 isn't bad, does it have r/c & carrybag?

How old is your son?

hereidrawtheline Wed 01-Jul-09 12:53:14

it has r/c & carrybag

DS is 3

And also sorry I posted this here and on the pushchair shed thread because I wasnt sure where to put it. And I need to decide ASAP as if I want it I need to get it tonight.

muddleduck Wed 01-Jul-09 12:53:36

That is a pretty good deal but tbh I would focus more on getting him out of the pushchair (unless there are good reasons for this). I would say that buying a new one at the stage is reinforcing that you expect him to keep on being in the pushchair.

Disenchanted3 Wed 01-Jul-09 12:55:29

Can you get to a mothercare/ toys r us to put ds in and give it a push?

they certainly are lighter, but its a real marmite buggy (some love some hate) so best to try it out first, and remember there is no basket, you cant hang shopping on and no recline at all,

but at 3 may not be a problem?

hereidrawtheline Wed 01-Jul-09 12:57:26

He has SN, not physical ones but of the ASD type. I couldnt get him to walk all the way we need to go, its a 20 min walk at my speed to his preschool each way, and into town etc. So that's why I dont want to spend too much money, firstly because I havent got a lot and secondly because I do hope he will not need it in a year or so.

Disenchanted3 Wed 01-Jul-09 12:59:21

Ah, i see, in all honesty if he is going to be in it for a year more i would suggest a techno xt, seat is much bigger & taller, lovely to push too.

what postcode are you? ill see if i can find oe cheap ...

muddleduck Wed 01-Jul-09 13:00:11

in that case can you ask the seller if you can take him for a quick test drive grin

Can you sell your old one to help pay for it?

hereidrawtheline Wed 01-Jul-09 13:00:26

co6 1st

Egg Wed 01-Jul-09 13:03:57

Zapps are not the easiest to push IMO. I would considering getting a cheapo thing like the Chicco Xplorer (I paid £38 for it new in Argos but it seems to have gone back up again).

I find it easier to push than the Zapp and also does not tip so easily.

Or a second hand Maclaren or similar.

Disenchanted3 Wed 01-Jul-09 13:06:13

Sorry can't find any in your area within 25 miles,

you could maybe put a wanted on the forsale boards, see if anyone has one?

hereidrawtheline Wed 01-Jul-09 13:09:11

thanks very much disenchanted for looking.

The lady who is selling it just lives a few mins drive away... am thinking of going there tonight when DH gets home and putting DS in it and pushing around her driveway. But I will post on forsale as well and I am looking on ebay.

muddleduck Wed 01-Jul-09 13:14:08

I have a much loved maclaren that we no longer use, but I'm about 40 miles from you.

hereidrawtheline Wed 01-Jul-09 13:19:32

oh thanks muddleduck but I dont think we could drive that far tbh. I could ask DH but he would probably say it wasnt such a good idea with petrol & car issues atm.

muddleduck Wed 01-Jul-09 13:21:39

no problem but if you are ever driving in the cambridge direction you're welcome to try find me on here to see if we still have it.

hereidrawtheline Wed 01-Jul-09 14:56:49

thank you very much!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now