loader

Talk

Advanced search

Slings - can you recommend one?

(13 Posts)
lisalisa Mon 16-May-05 12:11:59

Message withdrawn

yoyo Mon 16-May-05 12:15:02

I love my Wilkinet and although I don't intend to have anymore I cannot bear to part with it. I found it fantastically comfortable and the straps are simple once you've got used to them. I even managed to soothe my niece off to sleep for hours in it which was miraculous.

chipmonkey Mon 16-May-05 13:23:06

I have this one and I find it very good, ds3 falls asleep in it and then I can just lean forward, put him down. slip the sling over my head to take it off, put it over him like a blanket and sneak off!

chipmonkey Mon 16-May-05 13:25:42

Sorry, here

lisalisa Mon 16-May-05 14:42:57

Message withdrawn

Ellbell Mon 16-May-05 15:09:02

Definitely get the Wilkinet. It's fab!

flum Mon 16-May-05 15:12:43

i had c-section and for first day or two struggled to pick baby up. but could if moved really slowly (in hospital so baby in tupperware bowl next to you) after that it was fine. I didn't use a sling though. just carried her.

chipmonkey Mon 16-May-05 17:04:59

I THINK I've seen travels systems with double buggies, maybe Graco, not sure though. Otherwise what about a buggy for baby with a buggy board on the back?

Chandra Mon 16-May-05 17:11:40

Wilkinet, sooooo comfy.

hunkermunker Mon 16-May-05 17:24:26

Can I just say that I hated my Wilkinet...

bensmum3 Mon 16-May-05 19:04:02

I started with a baby bjorn, very comfy initially, then used a ring sling and now have an ergo, which can be used from birth with a newborn insert, I used mine from 5 months and ds is now 23 months and I can still walk a few miles comfortably.(If your toddler's not too heavy, you could carry him/her and push baby).I could lend or sell you the baby bjorn or ring sling, or there are sites where you could hire an ergo to see if it suited you, I suppose it depends on your lifestyle as to whether a sling/carrier would suit you, we tend to walk or cycle 98% of the time so I've found mine invaluable.

champs Tue 17-May-05 23:56:20

love my wilkinet used for both ds's and intend to use for next one.
have seen travel systems that come in double. and where you can have one side/part car seat and the other a buggy seat.

merglemergle Thu 19-May-05 12:21:57

Another Wilkinet and baby bjorn hater...

I think, if you have ANY predisposition toward upper back/shoulder/ neck pain, they become quickly a nightmare to wear.

Also avoid if you have any predisposition toward earthmother-type behaviour (as I have) as you will try to wear them for ages. I think baby bjorn you should not wear for more than 2 hours anyway?

Have just ordered a slingeasy on repeated recomendation of friends though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now