Talk

Advanced search

How to clean matt steal Brabantia bin....

(14 Posts)
scattykatty Tue 30-Jun-09 16:55:08

Ok, this will sound stupid I admit but I recently bought one of those 50L Matt Steel Brabantia touch bins.... However I cannot for the life of me seem to be able to clean the outside without it ending up covered in smears and streaks.

I've tried every cleaning product I can think of, just water, kitchen towel, cloths etc and I just can't seem to do it.

Can some one with a Matt Steel one tell me what I am doing wrong before I completely lose my mind

scattykatty Tue 30-Jun-09 16:56:24

Ps, I cannot believe I just typoed the word steel in the title...doh!

vonsudenfed Tue 30-Jun-09 16:57:16

clean it like normal, then a wipe over with a glass e-cloth (the flat blue ones). Does for all my stainless steel...

You need an e-cloth, often very cheap at Homebase.

scattykatty Tue 30-Jun-09 17:09:04

Ok, can I just use any surface cleaner then as long as I use the e-cloth?

You don't need any cleaner with an e-cloth, that's the beauty of them.

JRocks Tue 30-Jun-09 17:11:19

You could use window cleaner spray.

I was told to use baby oil on my cooker by the salesperson.

scattykatty Tue 30-Jun-09 17:11:54

Oh ok, super duper! I do love my bin blush is that really wrong?

Rubyrubyrubyinthegame Tue 30-Jun-09 17:12:28

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

tearinghairout Tue 30-Jun-09 17:15:39

A drop of oil on some kitchen roll, any old vegetable oil will do (Or extra-virgin olive oil if it's a very posh bin smile !)

scattykatty Tue 30-Jun-09 17:19:50

Haha Ruby it's 50L which means it goes up to my waste! My dishwasher is big, but not that big grin

Might try olive oil tearing, this is the one, www.electricshopping.com/shop/shop.do?pID=2286&cID=283 so you can see that if I can't get the streaks out it looks rubbish as it's meant to be all shiny and nice

I used to use olive oil on my mahoosive brushed stainless steel range, it is a huge pita imho.

E-cloths, really, I could have wept the first time I used them, I use them for everything now, they are amazing.

scattykatty Tue 30-Jun-09 17:30:32

Right I'm off to Homebase as soon as the DS gets up from his quick powernap (being a little terror!) Would the e-cloth work on my Dualit toaster and kettle, they are mainly red but do have stainless steel bits, but not matt like the bin.

E-cloths work on everything, I clean the whole kitchen, bathroom, use then dry as dusters, the windows, mirrors, the car.... I could go ongrin.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now