Talk

Advanced search

Storing a double buggy outside

(9 Posts)
sophiekt Tue 30-Jun-09 14:28:24

Does anyone know of a cheap solution for storing a double buggy in a back garden?

The buggy we liked best is too big to fit through our front door, not a problem as we can easily get around the back but I'm quite keen to be able to leave it out there but protected from the elements.

Any suggestions welcome!

Thank you

OldLadyKnowsNothing Wed 01-Jul-09 04:14:00

A shed?

DeathbyDora Wed 01-Jul-09 04:16:06

I did this with one I bought. I left the plastic on as much of it as possible when I unwrapped it and just brought the seats inside as they were detachable.
Left the chassis outside.

Maybe a bike cover or one of those waterproof outdoor furniture covers?

naomi83 Wed 01-Jul-09 07:15:21

Before you buy it have you thought that if it doesn't fit through your front door it won't fit through many shop doors, or your friends' houses?

crokky Wed 01-Jul-09 07:42:54

Have you thought of getting one of those like a phil and teds? I had a side by side double and it was so ridiculous to go anywhere with that I ended up selling it and going without. It also wouldn't go through my front door (M&P aria twin +) and I ended up storing it in my car boot - don't know if this would work for you?

I just use a single now and alternate the DCs in it which is difficult. I wish I had bought a P&T or something like that because I just found the side by side such a nightmare.

EldonAve Wed 01-Jul-09 07:53:41

I wouldn't leave it outside
Here we get foxes chewing stuff, mice and rats weeing on everything
Birds, ants, I could go on

Leave in your car if you have one or buy something that will go through your front door

littleboyblue Wed 01-Jul-09 08:07:37

The only way I'd leave it outside is if it was in a shed.
naomi made a good point about shops though. Is a royal PITA having to leave the dc's at the end of the aisle and that's if you can get in the shop.
If you can't get it inside it'll be more of a pain getting the dc's in and out of it too.

sophiekt Thu 02-Jul-09 14:34:18

Thanks for some helpful suggestions, we live in a rural area so nearly all our shopping is done online, so negotiating shops is not a big issue for us, and i was quite keen to have a side by side so both little ones could look at me while we go on walks. I'll take a look into bike covers....

LovelyRitaMeterMaid Thu 02-Jul-09 14:37:12

You can get covers for cars like this

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now