Talk

Advanced search

Large or small wheely bug?

(8 Posts)
spiderinthebath Tue 30-Jun-09 13:52:23

My dd is 1 in a couple of weeks and think these looked fab, just wondering if the little ones are better for little ones or if a large would get more mileage??!

PresidentTaylor Tue 30-Jun-09 14:09:04

We have the smaller one - have had it since DC1 was about 1 (now nearly 5), and has had lots of use. DC2 (aged 3) learnt to walk by pushing it along. Found it much better than a baby walker as it swivels in all directions, and DC2 still uses it to ride on. DC3 is one in a couple of weeks and is pushing it around lots, but still can't sit on it with feet reaching floor, so would take a long time to get to that stage with the larger one.

I would say your DD would get lots of use from a small one, it is a lovely toy.

PortAndLemon Tue 30-Jun-09 14:12:08

Various people told me that they'll get use out of a big one for longer (pushing it around then graduating to sitting on it) but I got DD a small one partly because I wanted something that DS (3 years older) couldn't take over the way he tends to with her other toys (hence something that was too small for a 4yo was a Good Thing). And that seems to have worked...

pagwatch Tue 30-Jun-09 14:13:59

We gotthe big one but DD was older. And I had to keep stopping DS1 ( who at that stage was about 12) from using it.

They are fab - I want a grown up version

ilovegreenbeans Tue 30-Jun-09 14:37:22

we got dd a small one for her 1st birthday and it's perfect for her still (15m) and will be for a long time to come too.
I wondered about the size of it too, but I'm glad we bought the smaller one.
It's a really nice toy. We got ours from ThatCuteAge.com which I think was the best deal when I was looking.

Tinker Tue 30-Jun-09 14:39:47

We got the small one and my 12 year old still uses it. There's not that much difference between the 2. It's like a cute little pet.

TrinityRhino Tue 30-Jun-09 14:41:54

we have the large one got it for dd3s second birthday

all three girls 9,4 and 2 use it and love it

fucksticks Tue 30-Jun-09 16:30:16

I got Ds2 the small one for his first birthday.
His legs still dont reach the floor at 16 months! lol but he does love it and pushes it around like a pet. He will very soon be able to ride on it!
DS1 can ride on it no problem at age 3.9 so I'd say get a small one or your DD wontbe able to use it for ages!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now