Talk

Advanced search

Looking for a harness I can attach to D-rings on a pushchair.

(8 Posts)
CherryChoc Tue 30-Jun-09 11:47:36

I've only just realised that this is possible and think it would be a better solution than the straps I currently have as they pull DS back against the backrest, meaning he can't look out and around. I can just unhook the straps from his arms but this doesn't feel very safe. A friend had a buggy with straps which came up from the bottom and allowed her DS to lean forwards, and I liked that better.

So my question, can anyone recommend a harness which can be attached to D-rings on a pushchair? Also, I don't know if this is possible, can you get one which attaches between the legs as well? If he fell asleep I think he might slip out forwards without a strap between the legs.

Verity79 Tue 30-Jun-09 13:49:18

Any reins wil fit on to a D-ring. You would just need to take off the walking rein off the back and clip on the highchair straps. You can make them as tight as you needed but I don't know of any with a 5th point of attachment for the crotch.

I got my first pair of reins from Mothercare but left the D-ring parts still attached to the handi-sit in Costa so bought another pair of reins in Boots which also had the D-ring highchair straps in the set. I have this setbut they call the D-ring bits side straps.

CherryChoc Fri 03-Jul-09 23:49:17

The ones I have inherited from somewhere don't which was why I asked. The problem with attaching a harness just to the buggy would definitely be the 5th attachment. It looks like some have a gap under the bit the two side straps clip into to allow a 5th strap to be threaded through from a pushchair/highchair etc.

It seems quite hard to see what the fastening part looks like in any of the photos on the site, so does anyone know of a harness that is possible to fasten at the front, comfortable if DS was to fall asleep in, and with a place just below the main clip where I could attach a 5th strap - not asking much I know! wink

PinkyMinxy Sat 04-Jul-09 00:05:03

I'm not sure what you mean. I used a regular reins set (from J Lewis, IIRC) and attached the side clips to D rings either side of the front seat on our P&T, in the same way you would with a high chair, for instance, because the seat harness was too big and he could just climb out. I don't think you could attach something in front of the seat harness for fear of him being able to lean too far out, IYSWIM. But the setup I used did let my DS lean forward more than a seat strap would. Don't know if that helps.

mamadiva Sat 04-Jul-09 00:07:06

Could you just use the crotch strap on the pushchair?

I'm not aware of any harnesses like that with the 5 point bit.

Only other suggestion is buy an M&P pushchair as theyhave freedom harness.

Oh now there's an idea could you get a seperate harness from an M&P Pushchair from ebay maybe and put it through your D rings?

Not sure if that would work.

littlelamb Sat 04-Jul-09 00:08:42

I use vintage ones to strap ds into his buggy. He can climb out of his straps too easily without them hmm They are a bit like this. And now I know how much they're worth I may just sell them shock

mamadiva Sat 04-Jul-09 00:08:57

Like this,

CherryChoc Sat 04-Jul-09 09:39:20

Ah that looks perfect mamadiva thank you.

I couldn't use the crotch strap which came with the pushchair as it doesn't have the same kind of clip. It is a Loola up (if that helps!) I really wanted a rearfacing buggy which laid flat from birth and I think the Loola Up was the only one in our price range. I didn't even know you could get pushchairs with straps that came up from the bottom until my friend came round with hers and moaned about it because she preferred the kind which come from the seat back!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now