Talk

Advanced search

Quinny Buzz and a buggy board ??

(7 Posts)
Tillyscoutsmum Mon 29-Jun-09 21:24:33

Does anyone know if I could fit a buggy board on a Quinny Buzz (ideally with carrycot/carseat in place).

DC2 is due in December and dd will be 2.8. She prefers to walk and I really don't want to have to get a double buggy but I don;t think she'll be ready to just walk by the side of a buggy without me having two free hands to stop her bolting.

TIA

flowerybeanbag Mon 29-Jun-09 21:58:49

Tilly I just recently investigated this exact same problem. You can't use a buggy board with a Buzz with the carrycot, or with it rear-facing, unfortunately.

DS is going to be 2.6 when DC2 is due in November and I am in the same position.

Tillyscoutsmum Mon 29-Jun-09 22:32:50

Ah bugger - I had a feeling that might be the case. Mothercare told me it could be used but had no idea whether it could be used with rear facing/carry cot.

Grrrrrr - really wishing I'd have thought about it more when buying the original buggy angry

Thanks for answering though

flowerybeanbag Mon 29-Jun-09 23:06:29

No worries, know exactly how you feel. I spent so much time working out what buggy to buy my PFB, and it didn't even occur to me to check that.

dawnied Tue 07-Jul-09 13:44:19

I am new to this so apologies if I get the acronym's wrong!

I am expecting DC2 in September when PFB will be 2.1. Thinking of getting a buggy board for my Quinny Buzz. According to the buggy board website you can fit one, but I guess this might only really be practical when it is used with the car seat.

PFB will walk so I am thinking that I will only use this when he is tired and when I am on my own with them both. I am told by some that double buggies are just not very practical so don't really want to go down that route. I have a carrier which I could use on my front for DC2 when useing the Buzz for DS.

Thinking reins might be a good idea. I hate the thought of them really, but like you say, we won't have two hands free to catch hold of them.

Umlellala Wed 08-Jul-09 10:56:45

No doubles here! 2.3yr gap...

I used a buggy board with rearfacing seat (though not carrycot). Was great, miss them 'chatting' together - much, much better than the Maclaren + buggy board (which I hate with a passion as I am all hunched over and aching). Dd tucked inside the handle. I miss my Buzz!! I use scooter a lot now, but dd is older and not really a bolter... grin

Also used sling mainly for first six months or so + pushchair for dd.

nappyaddict Tue 10-Nov-09 15:58:13

DS likes to walk but is a bolter so he wears reins and I unclip one side of the "lead" so it is really long and tie it around the pushchair. When we use the umbrella pushchair I don't need to unclip the "lead" and just hook it over the handle.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now