Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

mothercare........what a complete mess...advice needed

(9 Posts)
lucykatie Sun 15-May-05 22:47:40

hi, i posted on here a few days ago about our travel system from mothercare, as the seats seemed to tip dd2 up, so her head was lower than her feet.
i took it back and they sent it away to be repaired, we fetched it back today and its been repaired but....the front wheel is bent,doesnt steer properly,difficult to push and its badly marked...it seems as though its been bashed,like head on.

we have returned it and they have fully accepted that its returned in a bad way, but they are saying that they can only send it away again to be fixed....i am so not happy with that,as its the wheels and dh says chassis is knackered, i want a replacement......what would you guys do?

i am without a pram again, using buggy, and thats ok whilst we have nice weather.

starshaker Sun 15-May-05 22:49:48

id put my foot down and tell them u want a replacement and that u cant be without ur pram. i wouldnt budge till i got it

kid Sun 15-May-05 22:50:27

If it is unger guarantee then I would insist on seeing the manager and explain you are not happy with it being repaired plus its inconvenient to be without the pram.

Don't let on to them that you have a buggy you can use. Tell them you have borrowed the buggy from someone but its no longer available.

sparklymieow Sun 15-May-05 22:52:47

if they have damaged it, they should replace it....

lucykatie Sun 15-May-05 22:56:04

the manager isnt in store untill tues and i have left the pram at the store as i did not want them saying that i had done it since leaving the store, i didnt accept it once we saw the damage.

the assistant manager said that she would sort it with manager.....do not know why she couldnt sort anything to be honest.

so you guys say a replacement.....will stick with that then.

Surfermum Sun 15-May-05 22:57:55

I would whizz a letter or email off to their Head Office and ask for a refund. I had problems with the local branch not playing ball with a refund that I was entitled to. They had measured me for a maternity bra and as my bazookas are so big I had to order on-line, then when the bra didn't fit they refused to accept them back (on-line it said I could return them to the shop) and refused to refund my postage. I argued that it was their fault, not mine, that the size was wrong. Anyway a letter to Head Office soon sorted it and I got an additional £10 gift voucher.

gscrym Mon 16-May-05 09:39:42

If they give you an unsatisfactory response, speak to trading standards. Might be worth a quick chat with them anyway so at least you have that ammunition when you speak to the store manager.

lockets Mon 16-May-05 09:43:56

Message withdrawn

lucykatie Mon 16-May-05 11:27:25

just an update......i phoned customer service ready for battle....they where so nice and have offered me a replacement or full refund.

RESULT!

thanks so much for all your advice, any tips for a new pushchair????

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now