Talk

Advanced search

Mid sleeper cabin bed for boys - have you got one - any good?

(14 Posts)
chocolateshoes Mon 29-Jun-09 19:02:43

Hi,

I'm thinking about getting a mid-sleeper cabin bed type thing for DS who is 4. He has an odd shaped bedroom & this seems to be the easiest way of fitting everything in. I've seen one in the Next catalogue which has a mini-wardrobe as well, which would be ideal. But wondered if any of you have any adviuce or recommendations? Thanks!

chocolateshoes Mon 29-Jun-09 19:37:57

anyone??

Milliways Mon 29-Jun-09 19:43:22

We have the Flexa furniture & it is fab.

You can convert the bed from high -mid - low sleeper and there is a good range of things to go underneath/with the bed.

DS got his when he was 2 and it is still going stromg now he is almost 14.

jammydodger Mon 29-Jun-09 19:44:07

The IKEA one is good, our ds1 had his when he was 3, loves it.

mogs0 Mon 29-Jun-09 20:27:38

Ds has a Thuka one from Argos. It came with drawers, bookcase and desk. He's had it just over 3 years and it's great!

TsarChasm Mon 29-Jun-09 20:30:52

Yes all mine have them. Hard to change the fitted sheet though on dd1's though cos her bed is quite high. I am tall - I imagine it's nearly impossible for shorter people.

chocolateshoes Mon 29-Jun-09 20:49:43

thanks everyone. I looked on IKEA web site - they only have the one - is that what you've got JammyD? Will go and research Flexa & Thuka

MrsGokWan Mon 29-Jun-09 22:14:10

This is the one we have for DC1 and he loves it

Argos Ohio

It has a wardrobe, shelves and drawers. A desk for his homework and if you crawl under the desk it has a hiding place for special things.

jammydodger Mon 29-Jun-09 22:16:39

Yes, it has a tunnel that comes with it to go over the top, looks very nice and he loves it. We wanted a Flexa one originally but the price put us off! Our cheap(ish) Ikea version is great.

SazzlesA Mon 29-Jun-09 22:21:18

Message withdrawn

stealthsquiggle Mon 29-Jun-09 22:24:33

We bought DS one from ASpace. Eye-wateringly expensive at full price, but they seem to quite frequently do discounts, and it is really sturdy and looking good 3 years on.

chocolateshoes Wed 01-Jul-09 21:38:45

Only just got back to this - thanks for these will go and look...

DottyDot Wed 01-Jul-09 21:41:49

ds1 has the Ikea cabin bed with the blue tunnel thing over it so he can pretend he doesn't share his bedroom with ds2! grin It's fab - he loves it and the toys live underneath it - perfect!

LupusinaLlamasuit Wed 01-Jul-09 21:44:12

We bought one from here and are about to buy another!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now