Talk

Advanced search

Wooden anniversary present ideas please

(11 Posts)
MomDePlume Mon 29-Jun-09 13:07:07

DH and I have got our fifth wedding anniversary coming up in a couple of weeks, and we've always done the whole traditional present thing, and this year is wood. I'm a bit stumped (haha!). Any ideas? Can't be anything too expensive or too big. The only thing I've thought of so far is a set of chess pieces, but I suspect he might prefer to choose those himself...

Fimbo Mon 29-Jun-09 13:10:08

NDP is that you??

I have a wooden clock that was made out of an old loch gate. It is fab. It was in a small independent shop in North Norfolk. Not sure if they will have a link, will try and see. It cost £45

Coalman Mon 29-Jun-09 13:12:55

We bought a small apple tree.

Fimbo Mon 29-Jun-09 13:14:25

My clock is sort of similar to the bottom top on this link but mine is nicer!

Fimbo Mon 29-Jun-09 13:15:00

*top should be two.

lastboxoftampons Mon 29-Jun-09 13:32:00

We just had our 5th in February. DH bought me a bread board with "(Our Surname's) Daily Bread" carved around it. I'm a bit sappy so I love it! grin

I bought him a really lovely and unusual knife block

Also one year, I think it was for his birthday, I got him a wooden cufflink box (my dad actually made it as he's really good with wood and I told DH I "commissioned" it! wink) and along with my bread board, DH also bought me a photo album with a wooden cover this year (for our new baby's photos)

pigleychez Mon 29-Jun-09 15:32:27

Ive always found this site helpful for ideas :
here

lastboxoftampons Mon 29-Jun-09 15:36:52

In Pigleychez's link there's a link to the woodcarver.co.uk - that's where DH ordered my bread board.

melmog Mon 29-Jun-09 15:46:45

I like the sound of a tree. Or a birdtable.

mogs0 Mon 29-Jun-09 20:36:34

Love spoon?

MomDePlume Thu 02-Jul-09 09:10:18

There are some really lovely ideas here - thanks!

Fimbo, no, it's someone else. I didn't realise there was already a NDP when I came up with my name - darn!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now